gable roof

LJKbuild

7 hours ago, LJKbuild said:

Hi Everyone. I'm struggling with adding a gable roof or a nested gable roof on the garage addition to the plan.  it won't do it automatically because of the mud room that joins the existing structure and the garage. 

please help. 

kGarageAddition.plan

I came up with about the same thing as Stephen Stuart did...I also fixed your rear garage entry.

I made the walls in this area "railing walls, post to beam".  I adjusted the ceiling height to match the garage ceiling height...and adjusted the floor height.  I also noticed the front garage wall was tagged as an "attic" wall...it doesn't need to be an attic walls. I also noticed you have some walls that you have made height adjustments to...I set those to be "default top and bottom".  Never pull walls up or down unless you have absolutely no choice...which is almost never.  I noticed that your ceiling heights are not "default"...not sure why, but you should probably set the correct default floor/ceiling height prior to starting the drawing.  It will save you a lot of headaches. 

I changed your hip on the main roof to a gable...just because I thought it looked better. 

Here is the "fix" plan: kGarageAddition - Fix 01.plan

To accomplish this roof you just have to see the roof in 3D and understand how each gable section "fits" together...it can be complex.  

2020-06-25_16-23-24.thumb.png.396a4cb340a3ec3a5fc0a379733efb42.png