Temporary Dimensions showing too much information

MrSousa

I don't recall having this many dimensions pop up when selecting a single wall. Here is a small section of the plan I am working on, but the entire plan has dimensions pop up when selecting a single wall, which makes editing the selected wall dimensions very difficult.

image.thumb.png.db242cf86c969f90af28eab58a6027f6.png

Is there a way to not have so much information come up with only one wall selected?

Brian Sousa

Designer

Phillips Sousa Investments

Chief Architect Premiere X12 B. 22.3.0.55x64

2 hours ago, solver said:

What you seeing are not Temporary Dimensions. 

You have Manual and/or Auto Dimensions in the plan with the display turned off.

The program will only use Temporary Dimensions when there are no other dimensions available.

Eric is correct I believe....

2 hours ago, MrSousa said:

If I turn off Temporary Dimensions, these do not appear. If I have Automatic Dimensions on (blue), the Temporary Dimensions (grey) still appear as before.

image.thumb.png.ff9a1eba8809aefa8c51722a4dadca5d.png

Again I think Eric is right , The Grey ones are not Temporary Dimensions they are Auto Dimensions on a Layer you have turned off , use the ALDO to open each Layerset till you find the one they are on or Simply delete all Dimensions via Edit>Delete Objects>CAD>Dimensions ( Auto and maybe Manual) there replace the Auto Dims.

M.

All I know is that they will toggle on/off with 'T' or if I turn them on in the menu. I have decided not to use the Temporary Dimensions. I am able to use Automatic and Manual Dimensions to get what I need.

5 minutes ago, MrSousa said:

All I know is that they will toggle on/off with 'T' or if I turn them on in the menu. I have decided not to use the Temporary Dimensions. I am able to use Automatic and Manual Dimensions to get what I need.

Just to clarify when you have the 'T' turned on the dimensions are not there till you select the wall correct?  If this is the case then I am pretty sure what they are telling you about the layer being turned off is the case.  Maybe turn your dimensions on and see if they look about the same location?

Basic Example:

No Manual dimensions placed at all w/ temporary dimension on:

image.thumb.png.98dc82503be4e6a50b3669dd189895ca.png

Manual Dimensions placed and layer turned on:

image.thumb.png.df2b667ec34c7dda694a7d9866f3f1f4.png

Manual Dimension layer turned off:

image.thumb.png.3bf738fc22856611309b0288aa5e33ec.png

Temporary Dimensions Turned on but the dimension layer off which shows the manual dimensions which over-ride the temporary once placed because chief thinks there is a reason you set them where you did and it is the information you want to see:

image.thumb.png.61d1c97da9743d36185917709d490864.png