Wall snaps

Designer1

Ive been adjusting wall snaps and behaviors and wanted to ask if anyone knows a good setting for them? 

I love how snaps allow for them to quickly connect in some situations but my frustration comes when Im working in a small space like a kitchen or bath and I need the wall to be exactly 24" from the wall.  Even if I type the 24" into the dbx it snaps to whatever is closest... another wall etc. then the snaps drive me crazy.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Hi Eric,

when you drag a wall out to draw it snaps to different objects like the end of a cabinet or to the nearest next wall.  I didnt take a picture because you wouldnt see anything but a wall in a floor plan.  Dbx = wall dbx.

Im just trying to better understand how to gain more control over wall behavior in smaller areas like kitchens and baths.  Ideally it would be nice if they could behave like cabinets in 2d where you can drag them to resize and they dont snap wildly and prevent size changes from taking place.

Ive tried using the wall length in the wall dbx but it doesnt change anything, the snap behavior takes precedence. 

the snap behavior takes precedence. 

Simple. Turn snaps off.

Also, keep in mind that Snap Distance is measured in screen pixels.

This means that the more you zoom in, the smaller the snap distance in real world units.