Polyline - Display edges

robdyck

Have you ever wanted to have a polyline where some edges are NOT displayed? You can accomplish this by using a molding polyline, turning off the molding display on the desired edges, then converting the molding polyline into a plain polyline. If you need to add a segment, you can break the invisible line to add a joint and the resulting segment will remain invisible. 

Perhaps there already is a CAD tool to make a polyline have an invisible edge...

• Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 6:35 AM, robdyck said:

Perhaps there already is a CAD tool to make a polyline have an invisible edge...

No there isn't.  It's something I've suggested myself in the past HERE.  The method you've described is the only one I've found of forcing the behavior.  By the way, just a couple related tips...

• You can use the visible_length attribute to obtain the visible length of that object as opposed to the entire perimeter.
  • You can force almost any polyline based object to have invisible edges, even things that can't be created using the Convert Polyline tool.  To do so, simply use boolean operations where one or more invisible segments create part of the new shape. 
  • Like 1

On 6/22/2020 at 7:35 AM, robdyck said:

Have you ever wanted to have a polyline where some edges are NOT displayed?

Why yes I have!  Thanks for the tip!

10 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

It's something I've suggested myself in the past HERE

Thanks for suggesting... bumping your suggestion