Purging Defaults

kwhitt

Re-import your Default Sets ( Annotations) from a known good Plan

Export from good plan > import into Bad plan

*** Do it in a COPY of the "Bad" Plan , test and Save As if worth Keeping....

M.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

Re-import your Default Sets ( Annotations) from a known good Plan

Export from good plan > import into Bad plan

*** Do it in a COPY of the "Bad" Plan , test and Save As if worth Keeping....

M.

Mick - thanks for the reply.  The problem is I don't have any "good" plans.  I have been setting up my default sets this week for various scales.  I did notice that it wouldn't delete a default that was assigned to a set, however, that didn't help much as when you select all it wouldn't delete anything if just one of the items was assigned to a set.  It sure would be nice to have a purge function for unused defaults.

17 minutes ago, kwhitt said:

Mick - thanks for the reply.  The problem is I don't have any "good" plans.  I have been setting up my default sets this week for various scales.  I did notice that it wouldn't delete a default that was assigned to a set, however, that didn't help much as when you select all it wouldn't delete anything if just one of the items was assigned to a set.  It sure would be nice to have a purge function for unused defaults.

Then the only way to do it is one by one ...it seems Glen deleted his post for some reason about that..... but sounds l;ike you know how to do that , and as noticed you can't multiselect but shouldn't take too long as my guess is anything with a 2 or 3 after it is deleteable. 

image.thumb.png.8f5f6913d5ab254cc1c8903d89148996.png

55 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

Then the only way to do it is one by one ...it seems Glen deleted his post for some reason about that..... but sounds l;ike you know how to do that , and as noticed you can't multiselect but shouldn't take too long as my guess is anything with a 2 or 3 after it is deleteable. 

image.thumb.png.8f5f6913d5ab254cc1c8903d89148996.png

Thanks Mick.  Yes, it wasn't so bad, but sure would be nice to have that purge function.  Kevin

Go into your Saved Dimension Defaults, group select all except one of them.  Click Delete.  You'll be issued a string of popups telling you you can't delete dimstyle X because of blah blah blah .  Just keep hitting the Enter key till they're done.  Your end result should equate to a purge.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Go into your Saved Dimension Defaults, group select all except one of them.  Click Delete.  You'll be issued a string of popups telling you you can't delete dimstyle X because of blah blah blah .  Just keep hitting then Enter key till they're done.  Your end result should equate to a purge.

Thanks Michael!

3 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Go into your Saved Dimension Defaults, group select all except one of them.  Click Delete.

Now why do I think only you would think to doing that  :)    , another Chief secret handshake to put in the book  thanks.

M.