Electrical Schedule

junior

Version X8 - First time problem.  I need to update the electrical schedule.  The schedule updates, but the labels do not update.  I deleted the electrical schedule completely,

but the previous labels do get deleted from the outlets.  How can I get the previous labels to get deleted so the updated schedule can install the new labels?

This has not been a problem with the other schedules. 

Been a while since I used X8 but I think you are looking at the CAD block labels perhaps , not the Labels from the Schedule , especially if you deleted it....

a free screen grabs using the Snippping Tool or posting the Plan may help you get it fixed quicker....

M.

Mick,  Thank you for your reply.  As an OLD 86 senior citizen, I don't do enough house design work to justify upgrades to Chief. On X8 the Schedule will automaticly

assign the label and number. Therefore, somewhere in my plan I must of placed the Electrical Schedule.  I searched every layer set and found the schedule

in the framing set. I have no idea why I placed the schedule there, except I must not have went to the Electrical set..

I deleted the schedule and problem solved.  Thanks to all in Chief Talk.  It has helped me .    

Schedules have not changed much since they were added as a feature other than refinements. In my experience (since Old Version 4 forward) your schedule reads what is in the plan file and NOTHING more, you make a change and that change then automatically updates to the existing schedule. Each Schedule has its own dialog box where you can shoot yourself in the foot or get exactly what you wish. Each Electric object and light source has its own dialog box where you can alter "Labels". I am just saying there are lots of places where you can screw things up without wishing to. It is up to you to keep things straightened out so you get desired results. Like Mick I have not done much with X8 for awhile (I only have one current client who still uses X8.)

My advice is to carefully check all the contributing symbols and your Schedule dialog box to make sure you haven't messed up that feature yourself. BTW I am 73 myself.

DJP