Missing "Make Mulled Unit" icon

bluesparrowllc

Hello,  I am a new user of X12 although I upgraded from Pro 2020 a few weeks ago.  I am trying to make a mulled window, vertically stacked.  The X12 Reference Manual states that all I have to do is group select my windows and click the Make Mulled Unit icon but....that edit button does not appear on my Edit toolbar that I currently have placed just above the tabs on the upper left side of the screen. The icon does appear if I group select a door and a window.  No problem with that at all and I love it.  Any helpful ideas? 

image.thumb.png.9679ba5abb76066083dd153206597a78.png

14 minutes ago, GeneDavis said:

but you are beyond the mull join distance.

Not really sure why but I think the maximum distance is 24" and it looks to me that it is within that but something to check for sure.

May be something with those particular symbols.  Not sure what.  Would need the plan file as Joey mentions.  But the two labels are identical so something is up.  Maybe just the labels are set manually??

Mulling is for windows that are dead close together. Your windows are NOT and thus do not qualify nor could then be bought as a single unit. They are two separate windows and would be framed as such and that IS why they will not mull, nor should they.

DJP

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I have moved the windows much closer together and the mull icon is still missing. 

GeneDavis, I haven't gotten that error message.  

I also changed the Minimum Separation in the Windows default to 1/8" as suggested in the Reference Manual.  No dice.

It might not matter but the program updated yesterday before I started trying to mull things together.  (Again, windows above doors work just fine.)

I will attach the plan later today.  Thanks again!

image.thumb.png.11ee9d4786c49759d8c6bfc3db5f586f.png

Thank you for the replies and advice.  I used the tool to mull the front door / window.  That works fine.  The icon is missing from the edit toolbar, circled in red, when I group select two windows, which I have done in the image below.  I've also attached the relevant part of my plan file.  Unfortunately, I don't know if this was a problem prior to the update yesterday.

image1.thumb.jpg.0a5cd0ba7823a0a063256393d73a81c0.jpg

Plan File.plan

Kudos to Joey and Eric.

You can't mull any windows or doors if they are on different floors.  My guess is that you placed the window on floor 2 and just moved it down so it appeared like it was on floor 1 in your camera views.  You can actually see that it is still on floor 2 if you look closely at your plan view.  

FYI, just moving a window up or down will not actually change the floor it is on.  You can change the floor by using cut and paste and, to be sure it is on the right floor, I would recommend doing this in a plan view.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dermot said:

Kudos to Joey and Eric.

You can't mull any windows or doors if they are on different floors.  My guess is that you placed the window on floor 2 and just moved it down so it appeared like it was on floor 1 in your camera views.  You can actually see that it is still on floor 2 if you look closely at your plan view.  

FYI, just moving a window up or down will not actually change the floor it is on.  You can change the floor by using cut and paste and, to be sure it is on the right floor, I would recommend doing this in a plan view.  

That being the case, what if one has 3 windows, essentially stacked over two floors, like in a stair well where the second floor is set to open below, how does one get around wanting them all mulled but also being able to show a window on the second floor plan (if they are all placed on the first floor)?  Adding a 'ghost' window on the second floor won't provide a proper count for window schedules.

Would a note on an elevation to mull the windows be an easier method? Might leave a little more room for error but the windows would still show up on the different floor schedules and be included in the job. Could possibly place a note in the window schedule for each unit included that it is a part of a mulled unit. I have placed them on the same floor and moved some of them up,  but they don't look right in the plan view - pick your poison I guess.

2 hours ago, stephenbc said:

That being the case, what if one has 3 windows, essentially stacked over two floors, like in a stair well where the second floor is set to open below, how does one get around wanting them all mulled but also being able to show a window on the second floor plan (if they are all placed on the first floor)?  Adding a 'ghost' window on the second floor won't provide a proper count for window schedules.

Pretty sure I did this on a modern plan I worked on.  If I remember right it worked fine.  I believe the key was ballon frame the wall first and then you can mull them together.