Ext wall merged into fence - why?

Christina_Girerd

I completed the house exterior, drew a fence down the driveway, then used the clip wall tool to cut the fence and then dragged a segment of fence across to the house.  I was quite surprised with the odd stucco parts across the fence and the tall stucco "post" that appeared.  I've never seen this before.  The fence segment is obviously taking on some of the ext wall characteristics instead of keeping its "fence-ness".   The image of the fence segment in the Fence Spec dbx looks normal on both sides.  I don't see any settings in the dbx that look out of place either. 

Any ideas?

2020 06 17 Wall into fence.JPG

I replicated the "break fence" and drag across to the house, and yes, the "newel" is a triangle.  (Meanwhile I added a gate instead of the fence so that didn't have any issues.)

I tried putting a room divider against the house per Eric's suggestion, and you can see that worked in the second image.  The grey stucco is the length of the room divider segment.  However, when I selected the beige stucco with the eyedropper and tried to paint the grey stucco on the house wall, then the fence suddenly sprouted the low beige stucco, but didn't have the newel problem (third image)  Wierd...  Plus, the grey stucco would not change color with the spraypaint tool.   

2020 06 18 Wall into fence.JPG

2020 06 18 Wall into fence 2.JPG

2020 06 18 Wall into fence3.JPG

Is the room divider set to be invisible ?   Regardless I think tech support should have a look at this one unless you have a corrupted stucco wall definition or something rather irregular in there.

Room divider was just a little off the wall.  I sure don't ever remember having this issue before and I know I used to do this in other plans fairly often.  I had already deleted the previous try, so I did it again, in a slightly different spot, and this time the fence didn't get any stucco, but the newel went goofy again.

I agree this is not something we should need to do, but it is a temp fix if needed.

2020 06 18 Wall into fence5.JPG

2020 06 18 Wall into fence4.JPG

Any ideas?

Without a plan, I can't really say much other than it looks like a bug.  I tried to reproduce the problem with a simple plan and could not.  I would encourage you to report these kinds of issues to our technical support team and include a plan that demonstrates the problem.

For information about contacting technical support, see this support page:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/

Ok - thanks Dermot!   I just submitted the plan and a few images.

My guess is that the problem has something to do with the fact that I messed around with the foundation walls and heights, while trying to get this as-built to look "right."  I'm not doing any remodel on the house, just the garage, so I was just putting in the front house quickly as a shell.