Gaps in mouldings at invisible wall junctions

Michael_Gia

The room divider between the kitchen and the living room isn't connecting to the interior wall. Make a copy of the room divider wall and give it a thickness of 1/2". Align it with the drywall when connecting walls. It will give you better control over short wall segments, so you can still have your room display even interior dimensions.

image.thumb.png.6ada6fe25cc00001eda50da34cba93fa.pngimage.thumb.png.13e8991dd016c027d3d85545db68e49f.png

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

There is a Note in today's update that they (may) have patched this issue... cannot confirm as I can't install it again....

22.3.0.55 Update Notes :  chief-architect-x12-update-notes3.pdf

I did install the update and was happy to see that update note as a fix but I still have the issue.

It was never a problem in earlier versions.  It's an X12 bug.

1. 2.3 Rooms

• Fixed an issue that caused a gap at top of a Shelf Ceiling when that room’s Ceiling Height was the same as that of the surrounding room.

• Fixed a problem that caused a flat ceiling to generate in a room with Flat Ceiling Over This Room unchecked when that room was adjacent to a room with a Trey Ceiling.

• Trey Ceiling polylines can no longer be pasted into view types where they do not func- tion.

• Corrected a case in which a Shelf Ceiling in one room affected the Trey Ceiling in another adjacent room.

• Fixed a problem that caused room moldings to have gaps at the corners intersected by Room Divider walls.

13 hours ago, solver said:

I noticed this too when selecting one of the interior rooms. I traced it to the wall connection at the front garage corner by the entry.

ct1.thumb.png.ad1ac51eec3c2c29db07e3639b98a782.png

You have a soffit that does something I've never seen a soffit do.

I really can't figure out what that "outside room" area is being generated from?

I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the facade wall where the front door wall sets back only 12 inches from the garage wall.  If I increase it to 24" then I can avoid the constant connection issues I have with these walls.  

Even after I get them connected properly they can inadvertently disconnect on a whim even when working on something totally unrelated on another part of the plan.