Is there a way to see the Floor Area of a room in Chief Architect?

RonChief

Hello guys. I am currently now having trouble of getting the floor area of each rooms in my plans. I want to ask if there is a similar way like in sketchup where you highlight the area and you can see the total area of that selected area. How will you do it here in Chief Architect?

Likely the simplest way is to use the room label. Make sure it is "Shown" in the General tab of the Room DBX and then in ALDO ( Active Layer Display Options)  select the room and it will display the associated layers....   Turn on " Rooms, Interior Area" or "Rooms, Standard Area".   A Room Finish Schedule is also a good option.

image.thumb.png.4232c0eacefad7b575f80f4f5b21333d.png

• Upvote 1

You can also use the "Make Room Polyline" tool to find out areas of individual rooms in a structure by selecting a room and then clicking on the tool in the edit tool bar.  You can also click outside (but near) an outside wall to select the "room" of your entire model and it will give you the total "footprint" (including decks, porches and attached garages ... but not including roof overhangs.  Of course you can edit these polylines' shape(s) by using the break line tool and generate any areas you so choose to.  Just open the created polyline (PL) and read the area.  I'm not much of a macro user but there are lots of things that can be done with macros regarding areas in a plan.