Importing own ceiling surface

Floriance

Is it somehow possible to import own patterns or pictures for the ceiling instead of using libraries?

I wanted to use that attached style ceiling surface, but is it possible, and how?

Forgot to mention. Chief Architect Premier 2021.

Living-Dining Ceiling.png

Sure, just right click in your User folder of the Library and go to New > Material and make a material using your picture... then you can paint it on the ceiling, or create a separate surface to put it on, whatever works best for you.

19 hours ago, DzinEye said:

Sure, just right click in your User folder of the Library and go to New > Material and make a material using your picture... then you can paint it on the ceiling, or create a separate surface to put it on, whatever works best for you.

Thanks! Seems that it is maybe not possible in my (student) version. Some material adjustments are not possible to handle. 

53 minutes ago, Floriance said:

Some material adjustments are not possible to handle

What kind of adjustments are you trying to make?

You need to use Photoshop or Gimp to do any photo-editing if it's needed, prior to importing to Chief.
The photo in your post looks already tileable so it should work without any special adjustments

When I will try to add it as a photo into the surface of the ceiling, what happens? My outdoor background picture changes to that ceiling tile :) but nothing changes with the ceiling itself. 

Photo editing itself is not a problem. I have an Affinity designer and -photo. 

50 minutes ago, Floriance said:

When I will try to add it as a photo into the surface of the ceiling, what happens? My outdoor background picture changes to that ceiling tile :) but nothing changes with the ceiling itself. 

Because you're not following my instructions.  You need to  create a MATERIAL using that picture.

Just use the pic you have, click on the ceiling with the rainbow tool to open up the ceiling define material DBX, select texture, under bump map browse to your pic and apply, set bump to about .05. You may also need to change the scale, I set mine to 700 mm X 700 mm. Best if you make your ceiling material unique, otherwise any other item in your plan that uses the same material name will also show the texture.

1166708291_CeilingTexture.thumb.jpg.631b33a7b07978b2b9d1df614c265abd.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/16/2020 at 11:40 PM, TheKitchenAbode said:

Just use the pic you have, click on the ceiling with the rainbow tool to open up the ceiling define material DBX, select texture, under bump map browse to your pic and apply, set bump to about .05. You may also need to change the scale, I set mine to 700 mm X 700 mm. Best if you make your ceiling material unique, otherwise any other item in your plan that uses the same material name will also show the texture.

1166708291_CeilingTexture.thumb.jpg.631b33a7b07978b2b9d1df614c265abd.jpg

Yes, that worked good. Thanks!