Stucco and Framing a Polyline solid Column

Brad-Brad

Creating a column using the post tool, slab tool, countertop tool, etc. is easy enough but it is only one material per polyline solid and I need to get details on my layout similar to the ones I attached. These have stucco layers, 2x4s and connection points How would you do this?

image.thumb.png.4efe053b6dccb8351244d8099a56da72.png

So you guys are saying that its not necessary to build or frame columns in more detail than one solid at a time in my Plan View. And for my layout I point arrows and write details OR draw CAD style each line OR import an image. Okay, that's what I needed to know TY. 

43 minutes ago, Brad-Brad said:

1 hour ago, solver said:

It looks like you already have details drawn, why not use them?

Those are not my details. My columns are different. They are close though. My soffit is different and the beam going across above the column will be framed with stucco. 

25 minutes ago, Brad-Brad said:

So you guys are saying that its not necessary to build or frame columns in more detail than one solid at a time in my Plan View.

You might be able to build those using walls with proper definitions, but is it worth the effort. As others said, you can also draw all your details using 2D CAD, even on your floor plan sheets. I do that all the time. I'll use anything to represent a column in 3D and elevation views, then turn that off in plan view and draw in whatever details I want. Usually on porches/columns/beams and their respective connections.

• Like 1