Foundation and Floor Heights

Fergie

Hello,

Not sure if I'm in the correct area for this question but I am having several issues on a plan where I have an existing home adding an addition. (Plan Attached)

Problem 1) The existing house foundation wall height is 85" with 2X10 floor joists. The addition's foundation is 96" wall height with 18" Floor Truss. The plan is for the main floor to match in height. That means the addition foundation will sit lower than the existing. My problem is when I click on the foundation the heights aren't doing what I need them to do so the foundation plans in elevation view don't reflect the correct heights. Pulling my hair out over here as I'm not sure what's happening. In the elevation view the additon foundation shows 9'4 3/8 which should only show 8' or 96". The existing house has the same issue. If I move a room/walls sometimes the heights are affected. Super frustrating. I'm sure it's my error but I'm stumped.

Problem 2) I have a fireplace in the addition/great room where the space the fireplace sits in will only be 60" tall. In the elevation view there is a side wall that extends up, a window above the fireplace doesn't show....ugh... I've watched tutorials but it's not working as it should. The vault/ceiling plane is a bit goofy in there.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bret

Waltner Addition 2020 Updated.plan

Waltner Addition.jpg

David,

Thank you so much! Huge help! Was pulling my hair out on that fireplace wall. I agree with your roof ridgeline (additional valley) comment and the reason why it is that way is that I pulled the wall to the right of the front door further forward than the existing home wall to accommodate the staircase to the attic/room above the garage. 

I've watched several of your videos on youtube in the past. Thank you again for your help and response.

Now to see if I can get the foundation heights fixed without pulling more hair out!

Bret

I had a try at setting foundation heights first i set the foundation defaults to suit the new work then made sure they were set to defaults in the rooms then i manualy set the existing to the different heights it always good to get the defaults correct for the main part of your building

with the fire place those walls are set to railings untick railing and use shelf ceiling as david point to in video also x12 can now select doorway with no casings that is one of x12 new features

Waltner Addition 2020 Updated.plan

• Like 1

Thank you Mark. I did see that the rail was checked and made it a wall shortly after David's video. I wound up rebuilding the entire foundation and seems to be working so far. Thank you for your input.