Kitchen cabinet doors with inset pull notchs

wagurto

Do you know how to make a new cabinet door symbol?  Lot's of info on this available.
Create your own door symbol with the handle and use a vertical stretch plane through the middle of the door/drawer panel.

2 hours ago, wagurto said:

Can anyone share or give tips how to achieve this kind of doors? I am using x10 version 

thanks

Will

cabinet.jpg

For this look, you wouldn't need anything other than the addition of a separation or blank area to your cabinet front. Doors / drawers could be set to 'slab'.

Here is an end view of a drawer from the catalog Greg mentioned-only available in X12 but you can get the idea. This works.

image.thumb.png.d355c3846cd13cc0b5ed84f5f78bdd2c.png

You can also search back on the forum. I posted some C channel cabinets where the handles were metal but set in like that, and parts some time ago, was at least X11 might have been X10. Could be in the Symbols section-don't remember so you have to go looking.

Hi Mark, that's exactly what i am looking for. Is there anyway to create that door from scratch? is there any tutorail? can i do it in autocad import it to CA and uses as a door symbol?

thanks

Will

4 minutes ago, wagurto said:

Hi Mark, that's exactly what i am looking for. Is there anyway to create that door from scratch? is there any tutorail? can i do it in autocad import it to CA and uses as a door symbol?

thanks

Will

In a Chief floor plan make the profile. I'd start with a polyline box and add breaks and adjust (good practice) , or with polylines and adjust in which case when done make sure it's closed. Add profile to library, rename it. With profile selected in library go to build menu, draw MOLDING LINE, say 15" long. Should have your new profile, check to be sure. Select it, convert to symbol, cabinet door, chech "advanced options and name it. In theDBX that pops up check xyz axis, you may have to rotate it. Set a stretch zone so the height resizes between the bottom and a line below the handle detail. Read up on ciustom symbols/ stretch planes/zones in help or reference manual (my preference) 

You could draw the profile in ACAD but itbetter to learn how to do it in Chief 

• Upvote 1