Acrobat Printing Problem

DougDM

I always print to Adobe Acrobat DC virtual printer. Today I got an email from my engineer and said he couldn't read the dims or text on a few sheets of the set sent to him.  Couple pages aren't printing as expected.  See attached. They are fine in CA....As you can see the Dims and Text are all screwed up. Updated drivers etc. etc..  Acrobat is up to date. CA is up to date.  It's just a couple pages this is happening to in an entire 12 page set. The floor plan pages. Any insight or know of a fix is appreciated.

Thank and stay well,

Doug

Acrobat DC print problem.png

Try using Chief PDF printer and see if that helps. I have been using it exclusively since I got this new laptop with no problems. Before, I was using Cute PDF. When I upload a pdf to an email, I always open it from the email so I know it's okay before I hit "send". 

Thanks all. I'll try it. I just don't understand why after using Acrobat/DC for all my Cad printing for as long as I can remember with no issues, and one page it won't print correctly. Has to be the way it's reading the files during conversion. Oh well, I'll give Chief
PDF a try, after all it's one page.

Thanks again and stay well.

Doug

Well thank you everyone, I used CA to PDF for that one page, all else I used Acrobat DC. We're good for now just to get the job out the door.  If I figure out why just one page wasn't printing correctly, I'll post the reason/cause..

Thanks and stay safe,

Doug

I would think if it were a font issue, it would screw up on every page. Of the 12 page set, it's one page. BTW, this particular model was done in version X11, I started it with X11 so I didn't bring it into X12.   Which I will just for S&G once the project is finalized. Or maybe just backup entire plan, open with X12 and see if it messes with that one page. Process of elimination to a problem however takes time. Is it worth it for something I've have never encountered since Ver 9. Hummm. If it continues, then perhaps worth the effort. For now we're good to go with the use of CA to PDF for that single page. 

Thanks again all, stay safe and healthy.

Doug

• Upvote 1

• 8 months later...

Just as general comment on all this, I have been using Bullzip and most of the sheets turn out fine but exterior elevations are faint & have a lot of ghosting every time. I print Vector with no color & no shadows but still not good,.. some lines do not even show up in actual hard copy. Going to try CA printer, maybe give Foxit a try.