Display Electrical Items on Floor Below

eubanks

Good evening everyone, hope you are all well! I have had this problem for awhile and I have searched the forums for this issue before. The living room shown in the jpeg is a 2-story height space in a tiny home (84" first floor, 60" Loft). I want to have the electrical layout displayed on the ground floor and also have the recessed lights in the vaulted ceiling in the floor above. The problem is the vaulted ceiling is drawn on the 2nd floor. The obvious workaround is to draw these fixtures on the 2nd floor, CAD to detail, and copy them as a separate layer on the ground floor. It is important that the client sees the lights in relation to furniture, cabinets, etc. Let me know if it is possible to combine the first and second floor into one room in the living room. As you can see in the photo, the ceiling is registering only 84" above the floor. Thanks! 

Electrical 3D View.jpg

Electrical Plan.jpg

8 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

Curious on why you didn't do the vaulted on the first floor?  

Is this why your lights look flat instead of matching ceiling slope?

1 hour ago, eubanks said:

Thanks! 

What Michael said. Why is there a second floor and why is electrical placed on that floor? 
Seems that your method may be flawed

10 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

Maybe he thought they had to go on the 2nd floor which was created because of the loft.

I would use a room divider to define the vaulted area, then select no ceiling in the designated vaulted area's room structure dbx. No need for a reference plan as electrical in the loft if their is one would show up on the wrong floor which would be wrong.

@Kbird1 and @DzinEye Sorry Mick and Mark, don't agree with the recommendation.
Edit: See Eric's solution below

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

Sorry Mick and Mark, don't agree with the recommendation.

I didn't look at his plan, I just knew using the reference would do what he needed and figured he had his reasons for doing whatever he did with floor levels.
Both methods work, but of course it's always good to point the OP in the right direction to do things from the get-go.  Now he knows TWO new things... so all the better.

5 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

I didn't look at his plan, I just knew using the reference would do what he needed and figured he had his reasons for doing whatever he did with floor levels.
Both methods work, but of course it's always good to point the OP in the right direction to do things from the get-go.  Now he knows TWO new things... so all the better.

Downvote ;), haha...Love you MJ!!

• Like 1

I would use a second floor to show the. clerestory windows.  I would probably put the roof on level 2,  I would probably put electrical on level 2 and use ref layer to show elec at first floor.

The. house is a two story.