Created Railing Symbol Continuous beyond Newels

myrtsbnye

I've attached an image of the railing symbol I've created. What the architect wants is a glass panel centered on the newel as shown. She also wants two rails as shown (attached to the outside edge of the newel posts) except the rails are to be continuous by the newels. As you can see the rails stop at each newel post.

Is there a way to get the rails continuous?

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, myrtsbnye said:

I've attached an image of the railing symbol I've created. What the architect wants is a glass panel centered on the newel as shown. She also wants two rails as shown (attached to the outside edge of the newel posts) except the rails are to be continuous by the newels. As you can see the rails stop at each newel post.

Is there a way to get the rails continuous?

Thanks

Untitled.jpg

See pic attached.  Somewhat easy with a "glass" railing panel...and a molding line.  The only trouble spot is if you have an opening....you will have to place breaks in the molding line.  In the attached example I used a molding polyline...just because they are easy to control...and turned the molding off on the edge that rests against the house.  Newels and glass panel are right out of the core catalog.  

2020-06-09_13-02-50.thumb.png.022441dc889c1b8fc0ff5190ec811916.png

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the time and effort you all took to resolve my question.

I ended up going the molding polyline method. There were 5 different decks (small apartment building) and each deck was a different size. Using the molding polyline method was quick and the results were exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks again.