Lost grout lines????

Capehouse

X10

We use 2 different computers to draw with in my office. I drew up a bath with tiled walls and saved it. Had my partner open it up to tweek some things and when she opened it up the grout lines had disappeared. I opened up layer display settings on both computers thinking something wasn't checked but no luck. They are the same. Any ideas? Maddening!!

Matheson Bath 1.plan

Here are some thoughts and suggestions:

- it is better to post pictures directly to the forum rather than a pdf that contains a picture.  pdfs have to be downloaded and then opened to see them.

- you should update your signature since you are using X10, not X7.

- Eric's pictures are using the vector view rendering technique.  The picture in the pdf looks like it is using standard render technique.  Vector views display materials with patterns.  Render views display materials with textures.  If you are using vector views and your partner is using render views then you are comparing apples to oranges.

- My best guess is that your partner accidentally turned off the display of textures.  Look under the camera view options for this tool.  There are other possibilities but this is the first thing to try.

Thank you for your help Eric and Dermot. Here are some responses.

• Flat out don't know how to take a picture from the full camera view so that I could post it.
  • Updated my signature
  • We took both photos from the "Full Camera", both set on Standard and Vector.
  • Had no idea how to turn off texture display. I looked under Default Settings/.Camera Tools/Full Camera but couldn't find anything. Searched help for "view options". Said it was under "Rendering Techniques Options", found that under "3d" in the tool bar after a while. Saw "Camera  View Options" above that, had a eureka moment. All the options were greyed out, blood pressure starts to spike, took a camera shot, options light up, clicked on "Toggle Textures". Grout lines show up. I put down the gun held to my head.
  • Thanks again!

6 hours ago, solver said:

Windows has the Snipping Tool. 

From within Chief: Tools>Screen Capture

And going forward, please post images directly -- no need to make a PDF of an image. This makes it easier for others as an image shows in the forum.

Just in case Mac OSX also has the screenshot tool which does the same thing.  Not sure if shipping is this way (imagine so) but in screenshot on a Mac you can set it so the area you grab copies to your computer’s memory so you can go right to your post you want to place the picture in and Cmd (Ctrl for PC) + V (or right click and paste) the picture right into the post.   If that doesn’t work you can just drag a .png or .jpeg file right into your post box and it will do the picture for you.