simple text layer question

Lighthouse

I'm sure there's an easy answer I'm missing...  I've put text on my framing plan on a separate layer called "framing text", so it doesn't show in the default floor plan.  However, I cannot get the text arrow to default to that "framing text" layer, it wants to stay on the "text" layer.  There does not seem to be a way to set the default layer for the text arrow, and even though my text is set on the "text framing" layer, the arrow is still on the "text" layer.  The same is true for text leader lines.  How do I get my arrows and leader lines to default to my "framing text" layer?  Thanks!!

5 hours ago, Lighthouse said:

I'm sure there's an easy answer I'm missing...  I've put text on my framing plan on a separate layer called "framing text", so it doesn't show in the default floor plan.  However, I cannot get the text arrow to default to that "framing text" layer, it wants to stay on the "text" layer.  There does not seem to be a way to set the default layer for the text arrow, and even though my text is set on the "text framing" layer, the arrow is still on the "text" layer.  The same is true for text leader lines.  How do I get my arrows and leader lines to default to my "framing text" layer?  Thanks!!

You need to change the "text" layer in your annotation set...or default set.  My example below is using a saved plan view...but, the defaults are tied to the annotation set listed at the top.  So...modify the layer that "text" is placed on.  (not Rich Text).

2020-06-08_15-26-17.thumb.png.635f414c6257d4af6db4ae49b6e8750f.png2020-06-08_15-27-13.thumb.png.7782d2eff75449124098e355601b28bc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve,  thanks for the reply.  It's not working for me.  I have the 1/4" scale default set to a new layer called "framing text".  I have verified that the annotation set is using the 1/4" scale default, and that the default is set to "framing text".  However, when I draw a text arrow, it is on the "text" layer, not the "framing text" layer.  It appears that there is no way to set the default layer for the text arrow.  You are saying that the text arrow uses the text default layer.  But that is not what is happening for me