VERTICAL weathered lap siding ??? (how?)

Randall30

I want to put vertical weathered lap siding on a house exterior but I do not see this in the materials listing, there is only horizontal weathered lap siding as shown in attached image. Is there a way to make it vertical??? Ultimately I am trying to go for a look like with the Juvet Landscape Hotel siding (photo attached). Can anybody help me? (I am using Chief Architect Home Designer Suite 2016 and if I can get this to work I will likely upgrade to the Architect version.). If needed I am even willing to purchase a separate materials library if it would accomplish this. Or do I need to create my own material?

Juvet-Cabins-1-scaled.jpg?fit=1920,1280&

horizontal weathered lap.png

Thank you Eric / solver.

I am confused though, my product is a Chief Architect branded product, it is Chief Architect Home Designer Suite. Are you saying this forum is for the Chief Architect Home Designer Architect product maybe? I might be upgrading to Chief Architect Home Designer Architect and if so would this then be the forum I should use?

image.thumb.png.f950477b356c8cb15683f9dc0263b2e5.png

1 hour ago, Randall30 said:

Thank you Eric / solver.

I am confused though, my product is a Chief Architect branded product, it is Chief Architect Home Designer Suite. Are you saying this forum is for the Chief Architect Home Designer Architect product maybe? I might be upgrading to Chief Architect Home Designer Architect and if so would this then be the forum I should use?

image.thumb.png.f950477b356c8cb15683f9dc0263b2e5.png

This particular forum is for Chief Architect Premier (the professional version of the software).  Home Designer is a pro-consumer grade line and although they are all produced by Chief and are similar in many ways they are different in lots of ways too.  Many of the suggestions you can get in this forum do not work in the HD product line.  So although this forum is a great resource to learn lots, it is not the best for your questions to be posted in as it will waste your time and others who will try to answer based on the other software's capabilities.  Many of the Premier power users here are also on the Home Designer forum page as well so you will get some expert advice there and more tailored for your needs.

Best of luck.  BTW yes this material is available in the premier and is quite likely available for HD as well but ask over there to confirm.

34 minutes ago, robdyck said:

image.thumb.png.77732f4a123dff83a446b092dabaf503.png

Thank you , I got it to work.  This method, combined with your screenshot (thank you!) made sense and it worked.

https://www.homedesignersoftware.com/support/article/KB-00924/customizing-a-material.html#:~:text=Right-click on the copied,the material%2C then click OK.

Also, I downloaded a free materials bonus catalog on materials and it had a nice gray vertical weathered wood siding that looks pretty close to what I was looking to. 

Both of the above worked with my existing 2016 Home Designer Suite.

• Like 1