3D perspectives not working.... again

NectarDesign

I seem to have a re-occurring issue with my 3D perspectives on my construction sets. I send a few perspectives of my projects to a layout file on every project. And right before I print a final set I re-fresh all to make sure elevations and perspectives are up to date. Then a double check before printing, and I find this happens all the time to my perspectives (attached pic) I will re-fresh, re-open, save the camera, re-fresh again and sometimes that works, but other times it wont. In the end I usually delete the camera from my layout page, and re-load a completely new one. Sometimes I don't even get the building, I just get the shadows... What is going on?

CA-3dperspective.psd

Are you using "perspective crop" by any chance when you set up your perspective camera? I had something similar happening because I use perspective crop still, even though it has been technically discontinued (deprecated) by Chief. I worked with tech support and they arrived at the Perspective Crop being the problem and basically suggested "don't use it." They gave me a workaround I will list below, but you can do a search for "perspective crop" and will come with this thread:

Perspective Crop tool still works in X12...

By Chrisb222, February 15 in General Q & A

Rate this topic

Not a question, just an observation.

I was pretty miffed when I read in the X12 update notes that the Perspective Crop tool had been removed, as I use this tool extensively for setting up 3D exterior views. The language in the notes was pretty clear that the "deprecated" tool was REMOVED, but it still exists in the customize toolbars dialog, in case anyone else wants to still use it. It works the same as it did in X11.

(In my opinion the tool was NOT deprecated, I use it all the time.)

Not sure why they would say it was REMOVED when it's still there..?

From the update notes, emphasis mine:

1. Perspective Crop Mode

In Chief Architect X8 through X11, Perspective Crop Mode allowed older functionality governing zooming in cameras from Version X7 and prior to be preserved in saved cameras in legacy plans migrated forward. This deprecated tool has been removed from the program in Version X12 ....

2122779228_ScreenShot2020-02-15at2_47_36PM.thumb.png.a8647065287835eab5d62243a7c5d77a.png

Support's answer - hope this helps:

- Support Answer -

Grant S
Monday, Apr 20, 2020 - 02:40 PM PDT
Mike,

This seems to be related to a recently deprecated feature called Perspective Crop Mode. If you open these camera views and press the F6 hotkey (hotkey for Zoom - Fill Window), it should pull the view out of Perspective Crop Mode. With the view out of Perspective Crop Mode, make sure you save the view and then update the view on your layout page. All views on your layout can be updated by going to Tools > Layout > Update Layout Views > Update All Layout Views.

Grant

Chief Architect Technical Support