windows, drywall returns with wood sills

woodcraftdesign

is it possible to create windows with drywall returns and a wood sill.  When I create a window I choose these options.

1. no interior casing

2. use interior sill , cap #1, inset 3" extend 0, no apron, no wrap

3. uncheck, "has frame"

the sill disappears into the drywall return at the base of the window.  

pictures below,

untitled 1 is an image from my chief of a window I was working on,

picture of window with sill is a quick google images search of drywall return with wood sill.  My customer wants something like that without the dog-ears and the extension.  

Untitled 1.jpg

image of window with sill.jpg

This would seem to be a fairly logical adjustment to the window sill panel.  Elevation of sill.... .75" above bottom of window.  Maybe it is more complicated because the window frame or no frame is in this location.  

I did read through the questions and responses from the drywall return window thread that solver suggested.  I didn't have any luck with the exterior attachments. I couldnt adjust the location of the exterior attachment.  Location was set by exterior casing.  

16 hours ago, woodcraftdesign said:

This would seem to be a fairly logical adjustment to the window sill panel.  Elevation of sill.... .75" above bottom of window.  Maybe it is more complicated because the window frame or no frame is in this location.  

I did read through the questions and responses from the drywall return window thread that solver suggested.  I didn't have any luck with the exterior attachments. I couldnt adjust the location of the exterior attachment.  Location was set by exterior casing.  

Try the Window Stool I posted in that Thread , very easy to use , though not automatic....

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/23244-q-window-how-to-do-a-sheetrock-return/?do=findComment&comment=192984