Side of dormer is showing only a partial wall

JollyRoger

Problem #1: the roofs aren't connected at the top.image.thumb.png.8bb17931eeef3b627f7acc96f44ef0e4.png

Problem #2: this wall isn't long enough.image.thumb.png.90fd6e785ddf27c20b137e2f053b94e4.png

Problem #3: this wall doesn't align with the floor belowimage.thumb.png.13cbbab15b7821267e4ef032228113ee.png

Problem #4: the hole in the lower roof plane isn't the right size. Drag it up to the exterior of the wall.

Problem #5: some walls aren't using the default top and bottom height. Recheck those.

Clean up the other side to match.

Notice the side wall is broken into 2 segments:image.thumb.png.4cae376f950a9d0cebfa91754d1c8265.png

• 1 month later...
On 6/3/2020 at 11:22 PM, SNestor said:

I’ve done a few videos on dormers - check out my YouTube page. 

Hi Steve, I was hoping I would find this video in the forum, Really great BTW! I viewed it on your YouTube channel.

When I add my exterior wall (manually creating), my exterior wall gets cut at the roof. It is not extending out of the roof as you show. I am looking into my wall options to see if there is an option to cut it but not finding it. I will keep trying but wanted to get my question out there in case I don't find it. I'm caught up with my work and so busy learning these things.

Thank you

dormers.jpg

2 minutes ago, solver said:

Best practice is to start a new Topic instead of adding on to an older thread.

I'm unsure of your problem, but guessing you don't have a hole in the roof. You need to make your own when you manually build a dormer.

You are right! I continued to watch the video and noticed that his walls disappeared under the roof inside, and then Steve said the walls don't come through until you add a hole. I should of kept watching. I watched once before and was stepping through it. My bad!

Thank you Eric!