Custom Cabinet Shape

blueriver

Select Angled Front cabinet type, then rotate appropriately so the angled front will become the side that is cut off.
Then tell what is the left side of the cabinet that will become the front in the new orientation to 'match front'.

It won't let me drag it to the correct angle / in line with my walls.  Is there a way to draw a custom cabinet?  I tried to draw a polyline and convert it but I haven't figured out how to convert to a cabinet. 

On 6/4/2020 at 12:16 PM, blueriver said:

It won't let me drag it to the correct angle / in line with my walls.  Is there a way to draw a custom cabinet?  I tried to draw a polyline and convert it but I haven't figured out how to convert to a cabinet. 

Trust me on this- You DON'T want to make a custom cabinet out of pline, custom symbol, most anything. Don't know what settings you could have that won't allow you to rotate the cabinet or place it- Rotate it on the floor away from wall, then place-EZ.

image.thumb.png.6b61c5b66f9521688b0e60ebee11bdb6.png

It's possible to build a car out of a cabinet. Check back stuff on the forum-lots already available about cabinets.

• Like 1

Yeah, you can't drag it into an angled shape, you have to tell it the proper dimensions in the Dbx...(see Left Depth / Right Depth in my screenshot)
Change your cabinets largest side 'depth' to be the width you want the front of your cabinet to be.
Make the other side 'depth' whatever the cut-off back length would end up being.
Turn your cabinet sideways so the normal cabinet front will become the angled side wall of the cabinet and your long side will become the front

Cab1.JPG

25 minutes ago, blueriver said:

Is there a way to draw a custom cabinet? 

For a situation like that, I use a cabinet that is 4.5" deep (to keep my toekick). Keep in mind that an actual cabinet will probably not be mitered to a sharp 45. Rather, the face will be slightly away from the wall and a filler strip would be used...either ripped to 45 into the wall or placed perpendicular to the wall and mitered to the cabinet face. Then, I'd use a polyline to clean up the display in plan view, and a custom countertop.

image.thumb.png.a6117481cbccb7009870e3a4b672f508.png

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, robdyck said:

For a situation like that, I use a cabinet that is 4.5" deep (to keep my toekick).

Good point!....though you can tell the toe-kick Dbx to form on the side that will become the front, but the front which then becomes the side will also have it. :wacko:
That could be easily covered up though.

• 6 months later...