arched soldier brick issue

DH7777

So I found instructions step by step to do this via CA. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Note: In the attached c.PNG you will see a screenshot of the example(Left) and my dialog box. I filled out the same but my calculations are different because I have a different arch. That said, I assure you all I have tried many different calculations and degrees etc and still I get nothing like the CA example. So therefore I cannot proceed to the next step in the instructions provided by CA. You will notice in the example the CAD boxes(bricks) are clearly separated. Mine no matter what degree I enter or how many in numbers bricks it always spreads out like I'm holding a deck of cards. See Untitled 1.jpg  I have even tried placing the point( marked by an X) in lower position thinking that would change the outcome. Placing the point is in a previous step but It does not specify where to place point other than as a center point reference to the arc itself.  Any clues to what I'm missing here. 

a.PNG

b.PNG

c.PNG

Untitled 1.jpg

35 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Your point is in the wrong spot. It needs to be the center of your arch so the solider course is concentric.

image.thumb.png.61018e2b4ae4df33f5536fb5eabe00e9.png

Thats what I figured but I could not get it to snap to the center of the arch

10 minutes ago, DH7777 said:

Thats what I figured but I could not get it to snap to the center of the arch

My arch radius was way bigger than what I was thinking. Found it

Untitled 2.jpg

1 hour ago, DH7777 said:

Untitled 2.jpg

Hey Darren, glad you got it figured out. A few quick additional items will help with realism, although you may be ahead of me and have already done it.

In elevation view draw a polyline 3/8" larger than your arched lintel course. You can replicate this for:

• material region to remove the brick
  • polyline solid to be the mortar for the arched lintel.

I cheat when I need arched trim. Back when I had Version 8, I bought a lot of libraries from Jay Palmer. Don't know if his website is still available. His arched trim libraries have literally hundreds of symbols to be used with different size windows. Usually he has something that I can work with and they look good in elevations.

Arched trim.jpg