Daylight/Walkout Basement & Terrain

cortssmith

I am doing my first walkout basement and I have the terrain exactly how I want it, but I cannot figure out how to keep the terrain out of the house. In the real world the hillside would obviously be dug out where the house is going to go so it has to be an easy fix on Chief Architect that I am missing. Any advice is appreciated!

Basement Exterior.jpg

Basement Interior.jpg

15 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Terrain Elevation Region

I used terrain elevation region to create my hillside if that is what you are referring to. I also have the 'hide terrain' box checked for my general terrain. I am not sure which part is unclear, but I am trying to figure out how to hide the terrain in the basement since the  hillside is going through the interior as well. Please let me know if another picture would help you help me, It is very much appreciated!

47 minutes ago, cortssmith said:

I used terrain elevation region to create my hillside if that is what you are referring to. I also have the 'hide terrain' box checked for my general terrain. I am not sure which part is unclear, but I am trying to figure out how to hide the terrain in the basement since the  hillside is going through the interior as well. Please let me know if another picture would help you help me, It is very much appreciated!

Did you build the terrain on the main floor? That's where it belongs. I bet you built it on floor 0 so you'll need to follow Dermot's advice below.

6 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Select the terrain perimeter and use the Make Terrain Hole Around Building tool to convert the automatic hole into a manual one.  Then modify the shape of the hole as needed.

THANK YOU! That was it! I knew it had to be something that simple. 

27 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Did you build the terrain on the main floor? That's where it belongs. I bet you built it on floor 0 so you'll need to follow Dermot's advice below.

Yes the terrain is on the main floor, and Dermots advice worked. Thank you!