Seating Schedule with Totals, Possible?

wjmdes

I was hoping to somehow assign and a number of seats per symbol, i.e. Booth = 4 seats, 2 top table = 2 seats, barstool =1, corner booth = 6 seats, and then a schedule (or?) would populate as I design dining rooms for a restaurant.

I currently do this in excel, but I would hope this could be done automatically with Chief.''

seating.thumb.JPG.65d82a66ec8825a8090d75c723ad1ea9.JPG

Seems I cannot figure out how to do that in a schedule.

Is this possible??

3 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

I was hoping to somehow assign and a number of seats per symbol, i.e. Booth = 4 seats, 2 top table = 2 seats, barstool =1, corner booth = 6 seats, and then a schedule (or?) would populate as I design dining rooms for a restaurant.

I currently do this in excel, but I would hope this could be done automatically with Chief.''

seating.thumb.JPG.65d82a66ec8825a8090d75c723ad1ea9.JPG

Seems I cannot figure out how to do that in a schedule.

Is this possible??

Seeing as you are using symbols, all you need to do is create a custom field in the OIP. Then, you'll be able to add that field to the schedule.

EDIT:

I believe you'll need a macro to get the totals automatically.

1 minute ago, robdyck said:

Seeing as you are using symbols, all you need to do is create a custom field in the OIP. Then, you'll be able to add that field to the schedule.

Getting totals is the problem.

2 minutes ago, wjmdes said:

Getting totals is the problem.

You either buy a macro or use the schedule to get your totals and add that info manually. Obviously adding the seating field to the tables will at least take care of getting the right totals as you make changes.

From Help:

Display Options -
• Uncheck Display Column Headings to hide the selected schedule’s Heading row. When this is checked, each column has a heading at the top.
• Uncheck Display Totals Row to suppress the bottom row stating the total area for all objects in the selected schedule. Only available in schedules set to include Door, Window, or Room categories, and only when one or more “Area” columns are included.

Just now, wjmdes said:

Schedules will not total this field, in fact, I can only find where it totals square feet in a Room Schedule.

What I mean is that by using a schedule with the custom field for seating, the data will at least be correct and live. The resulting schedule can be copied into a spreadsheet for totals and any other editing.