Room colors

Designer1

I had a post about this before but couldnt find it in my followed content. 

This is an update. I had a room that in PBR the same paint and textures appear to be different although the same exact material.  Several chiefers told me if I change room type it can affect the appearance of the material in PBR.  So here in another PBR I have the same white baseboards yet at the arches in the other rooms the baseboards appear gray, it also changed the flooring color a bit too.  So again, I changed all room types to the same living room and rechecked to ensure the white paint was the same and it is.

Any ideas why this appears this way?  I just moved the camera so I wouldnt take the picture of the discoloration but Im just trying to understand why it does this.

Thanks!

Discoloration on baseboards.jpg

I think the issue is that there is no light source in the rooms in the distance but chief places a light in the room where the camera is so to fix the problem you need to place a light in the other rooms.  Not so sure it needs to shine on the baseboard but just needs to be in the room.

What looks odd to me is the hard, dividing line where the "gray" color stops half way thru the arched doorways. It happens on both of them. Also, the inside of the larger arch is the lighter color while the right side of the arch at the baseboard has the gray at a hard break half way. I expect a variation in colors and shadows, but not those hard break lines.

Chad, better to attach the plan, with the same camera above saved, so others can take a look. Make sure to zip the file, if necessary, with all of the textures and colors included.

Thanks for the input both of you. When I get a second I will delete everything so it will actually upload and keep all the items that matter on the plan. 

By the way Mike, I sent you a PM awhile back... its hard to see them on chieftalk sometimes haha...there definitely not text messages. :)

11 hours ago, solver said:

This is a PBR from a Home Designer user showing similar.

My comments:

If you turn off the sun, the floors look the same.

Make the dividing wall invisible and the floors look the same.

And when you change the wall back to visible, the floors remain looking correct.

It shows reflections on the kitchen floor, but they do not cross into the adjacent room.

ct1.thumb.png.b2f9262de9f75184f0e981e91a7dd10a.png

Thank you Eric for posting this example. I havent been able to edit the plan to post it as its very large.  Yes this is exactly what Im talking about.  My question is why isnt it a gradual shading darker vs a very stark difference in colors despite the same material?  I understand that shadows can cause dark areas but not when they are so close and the lighting is even in all the areas.  Are these the results to be expected in PBR's?