Thatch/ palm frond type roof material that looks right in vector view

DianeP

35 minutes ago, DianeP said:

Would like it to look better if someone comes up with a better option.

Take off the gutter. You can create a molding or distribution polyline that would nicely replicate the thatch overhang.

10 minutes ago, robdyck said:

You can make a decent texture from thisImage result for thatch roof texture (With images) | Asphalt ...

Thanks Robert,  That's a nice sample.  Will it work in vector view?  Or only standard view?  In vector view, I think I need a new pattern.  Trying to get it to look right in vector view on the plans.

3 minutes ago, DianeP said:

Thanks Robert,  That's a nice sample.  Will it work in vector view?  Or only standard view?  In vector view, I think I need a new pattern.  Trying to get it to look right in vector view on the plans.

Play around with this. Results vary.

269129345_ScreenShot2020-06-01at11_30_14AM.thumb.png.2f055f3bbbe02d9202aea91af6a538c3.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DianeP said:

If you can't find a thatch roof pattern, you can create a pattern from the texture image in the material definition dialog.

Well, I didn't grab the focus being something that looked good in vector view when I created this roof texture.  Only realized after I saw your comms with Robert. 
I think it'll be tough to get something that looks good in vector view, but the method Robert mentions is the approach to use.
Here's the material I used if you want something for your 3D views to look like my example.  I found that having the 'live edge' on the material makes it look better.  You'll need to adjust the scale to work just right.

Thatch roofing.calibz

• Like 1