finding embedded files

wncbw7

A few weeks ago I posted about a large file size and how to see a list of the embedded files. As suggested I backed up the entire plan to a folder and was able to see the list. I have tried to locate the "Brick" and "Siding" files in the plan and can't. Is there a way to find where in a plan a particular texture or symbol is used?

Did you PURGE the Materials before doing the backup , that should remove any Materials you have "tried" but are no longer using....

I don't know of a way to find a particular material in the Plan though..... deleting or moving the file out of the folder may show you in a 3D Camera...maybe? but I think Chief will just use a default material in that case ? not 100% sure ...or it will look in the Chief Data Folder>Textures for it instead if needed.

M.

6 hours ago, wncbw7 said:

Is there a way to find where in a plan a particular texture or symbol is used?

You can sometimes find a particular material in a plan by generating a material list and then looking for that material in the Description column.

Select that row and on the Edit menu select Find Object in plan.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, glennw said:

You can sometimes find a particular material in a plan by generating a material list and then looking for that material in the Description column.

Select that row and on the Edit menu select Find Object in plan.

That's good to know... thx Glenn