Adding floors with CA Interiors

carowe

I am currently working on the interiors for a 3 story house and have done each floor as a separate plan.  The architect has asked whether it would it would be possible to "walk" the client through the entire house starting at ground level since we are now doing this remotely.  I need to at least add the third story to the second story in order to do the cathedral ceilings in several of the rooms.  Is it possible to take the plan for the 3rd floor and add it to the second floor?  And then insert the ground floor under the first floor?  And can I do all this just using interiors?  I've been working on it for several days off and on and I'm obviously not doing something correctly.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Originally I was hired to do the kitchen and baths on each floor, so to keep file size down, just did them separately.  Now the scope has changed and actually this morning did a 3 story so I can do that.  I'm just trying to figure out how to add the plans with the kitchen and the baths to each other.  I have to be honest, I've never tried to do anything like this before.

6 minutes ago, carowe said:

Originally I was hired to do the kitchen and baths on each floor, so to keep file size down, just did them separately.  Now the scope has changed and actually this morning did a 3 story so I can do that.  I'm just trying to figure out how to add the plans with the kitchen and the baths to each other.  I have to be honest, I've never tried to do anything like this before.

I would recommend Edit all areas on floor copy and paste into the new joined plan.  Use the align to wall below and above if any are slightly off.  Will take some tinkering though.

I'll give that a try!  Right now when I try to paste the second floor over the first, they overlay each other, so my guess is I should have started out building it by floor instead of separately.

3 minutes ago, carowe said:

I'll give that a try!  Right now when I try to paste the second floor over the first, they overlay each other, so my guess is I should have started out building it by floor instead of separately.

you will need to create the 2nd floor and use the create from blank option and then paste, then align using the reference layer tool.

2 hours ago, solver said:

Place a Point Marker where the 1st and 2nd floors align, the copy the point marker to the 2nd floor.

This is the way I would do it - and do. Placing a reference line in the plan and using "edit area" to copy from give you a known point for your moves and makes the alignment accurate without having to edit wall locations, etc. very much. I usually draw the start of the reference line where I want the point to point move to begin and then draw the end of the line out at say a 45 degree so I can visually pick it up more easily. Make sure to do your point to point move while your copy in the new plan is still selected; makes the entire operation much easier. Quicker to do than to type this dissertation.