Walls Building over windows

amddrafting

I have this situation where I have a 2 story venue with a curtain wall system at the end of the wall.  I can't seem to get the walls to not build over the 2nd row of my windows.  Bottom two rows are on the first floor and the 3 top rows are on the 2nd floor.  Any ideas what can be done to get this to build right?  I tried moving them all to a single floor and it didn't make a difference.  Any thoughts on how to model this accurately?

Annotation 2020-05-28 130046.jpg

1 hour ago, amddrafting said:

I have this situation where I have a 2 story venue with a curtain wall system at the end of the wall.  I can't seem to get the walls to not build over the 2nd row of my windows.  Bottom two rows are on the first floor and the 3 top rows are on the 2nd floor.  Any ideas what can be done to get this to build right?  I tried moving them all to a single floor and it didn't make a difference.  Any thoughts on how to model this accurately?

Annotation 2020-05-28 130046.jpg

You need to post an example plan if possible.  That said, you might try balloon framing the wall and then adjust the height/placement of each window group.  Either raise the lower window group up to meet the upper group...or lower the upper group to meet the lower group.  Or change the size/height of either.  

But...just guessing without a plan.  

You should be able to move the windows into position just by adjusting the height...see the attached pics.  I create a quick 2-story plan.  Made the 2nd floor open below.  Placed a group of windows on the first floor....copied them...placed the same group up on the second floor.  Then...opened the DBX and adjusted the height of both groups until I had just a little gap between each.  I could have made them touch if I wanted to...

2020-05-28_15-57-10.thumb.png.8c3cc190eabdbdb4d669e16f3c60a814.png
2020-05-28_16-00-04.thumb.png.90f86a27df3168d5e345e86aec24a08d.png2020-05-28_16-00-16.thumb.png.6e6087930fc3a1e769a9f4985f3e85bb.png

Figured it out.  On the outside I have a stone wall up to 14' high so first floor wall is a 6" with Stone Veneer up to 10'.  2nd Floor wall is a 6" wall with a stone veener pony wall 4' high and then stucco up to the roof.  The pony wall was creating the issue.  So I'm going to have to figure out a different way to build the stone veneer up that high.

Sounds like you are manually adjusting your wall heights?  If so I strongly recommend using default top and bottom wall heights (structure tab in wall dbx) and since most likely that wall would be ballon framed through ☟

56 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Lower wall, try "balloon through ceiling above"

You probably are having issues with the attic wall above in the same space as the second which is why the windows are showing with a wall through it.

Try

1.) Group selecting the windows in the second floor wall.

2.) Deleting the second floor wall completely.

3.) Selecting balloon through ceiling above in the structure tab in the wall dbx.

4.) CTRL+ALT+V or CMD+OPT+V to place the windows back in place in the wall (you may have to place them by height again depending on how you had them set before.

Hope this helps.