screen porch material that is see-thru

DianeP

9 minutes ago, DianeP said:

Anyone of screen porch material that is transparent in exterior elevation vector view?  Would love to have it. Thanks!

There are no materials that are transparent in the vector view. When using screens or glass that I want to see beyond in an elevation view, I have those 3d surfaces modeled separately so they are OFF in my elevation view and I use a CAD fill to illustrate the glass / screen. In the screenshot, the glass railing is a CAD box with a transparent fill.

image.thumb.png.5ff3b5878a020bea95a308f81f57ab52.png

58 minutes ago, DianeP said:

I am using rails with panels with the panels going up to the beam.  Steve Nester did it in his video.  I don't see a way to turn off the panel layer on railing

You'd need to choose 'Open' instead of panels. This will remove the panels from all views.

image.thumb.png.6de813e7bc20ea8b2b885c96e1bc5c82.png

• Like 1

If you send your view to layout using plot lines with color fill, there's another trick you can use. Use the 'Delete Surface' tool in your vector view to delete the screens/glass panels. When you send it to layout, the color fill will remain even though the surface has been deleted. I think it's a bug, but I use it to my advantage!

1893563670_DeleteSurfaces1.thumb.png.7cc2cc1141cbeccca59e9a5c88bd8ebe.png

62093598_DeleteSurfaces2.thumb.png.62e485e24a7c59069db0411b54d4c6b2.png

1658930896_DeleteSurfaces3.thumb.png.93ae7799afcb06eef9f31f2fe41643d8.png

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, LevisL said:

If you send your view to layout using plot lines with color fill, there's another trick you can use. Use the 'Delete Surface' tool in your vector view to delete the screens/glass panels. When you send it to layout, the color fill will remain even though the surface has been deleted. I think it's a bug, but I use it to my advantage!

1893563670_DeleteSurfaces1.thumb.png.7cc2cc1141cbeccca59e9a5c88bd8ebe.png

62093598_DeleteSurfaces2.thumb.png.62e485e24a7c59069db0411b54d4c6b2.png

1658930896_DeleteSurfaces3.thumb.png.93ae7799afcb06eef9f31f2fe41643d8.png

Levis, this is a cool trick.  Glad you figured it out.   Thanks!!

18 minutes ago, LevisL said:

When you send it to layout, the color fill will remain even though the surface has been deleted. I think it's a bug, but I use it to my advantage!

Whatever! I'm trying that out ASAP!

3 hours ago, DianeP said:

I am using rails with panels with the panels going up to the beam.  Steve Nester did it in his video.  I don't see a way to turn off the panel layer on railings.

You cannot turn of the "panel" layer as it is part of the railing "WALL" layer.  You could change the screen material to glass...but even then in Vector View it will not be transparent. 

Even painting the screen "open no material" you won't see through the material in Vector View. 

2 hours ago, LevisL said:

Excellent Tip/Trick...whatever works to get the job done!  Thanks!