How to improve graphic quality of elevations

MovingandShaking

It would be great to know what version of the software you are using and the method you are currently using for your elevations.

Plot Lines are pretty standard for CAD and have been in use for a long time.  Maybe try that as a comparison.

1 minute ago, MovingandShaking said:

Thanks for your replies. I'm using X11. The attached elevation used the Technical Illustration rendering technique.

ADU Draft Elevation-Fuzzy.JPG

I recommend using a Vector View.  Send to Layout using Plot Lines with shadows turned on.  

11 minutes ago, MovingandShaking said:

I'm using X11. The attached elevation used the Technical Illustration rendering technique.

If you are set on Technical Illustration.  Using X11 it should print at a higher resolution than it will show on your screen.  If you have not done it already print it to PDF at a reasonably high resolution and check the results to see if they are satisfactory.

There is also an option to use color fill with Plot lines if you go that way but it may require some modifications to your materials to look correct.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MovingandShaking said:

Thanks for your replies. I'm using X11. The attached elevation used the Technical Illustration rendering technique.

ADU Draft Elevation-Fuzzy.JPG

As Michael said, a Vector View with Plot Lines, Color Fill will probably deliver what your looking for. I'd suggest lowering the shadow intensity experiment with the use of Shading Contrast (technique options for Vector View). To reduce the perception of fuzziness, may I also suggest replacing that hairy font with something that's not afraid of a razor? Something sans serif should help reduce bleeding eyes when looking at that on a screen. Solid arrows will also improve the feel of the end result. Just suggestions...

image.thumb.png.3df3d8cfb7bd220aae8122b87529f0be.png