Seeking CT Licensed Structural Engineer

SpeleoWorm

I know there are some out there but in YOUR case you need a local Licensed in your State Structural Engineer. In my personal experience that spans over twenty years, most Engineers use AutoCAD, find out the version they use and then share your existing floor and elevation plans/views with them in their version of AutoCAD, that will get you the best job possible. Your Engineer needs to visit, physically your lot and find out what weather stresses it has and its geology, some long distance person is unacceptable.

DJP

• Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

I know there are some out there but in YOUR case you need a local Licensed in your State Structural Engineer. In my personal experience that spans over twenty years, most Engineers use AutoCAD, find out the version they use and then share your existing floor and elevation plans/views with them in their version of AutoCAD, that will get you the best job possible. Your Engineer needs to visit, physically your lot and find out what weather stresses it has and its geology, some long distance person is unacceptable.

Thanks David!

The engineer I use is in Maine but licensed in many states, including CT. Great to work with. He is doing a duplex for me in NH and has not requested or been required to perform any site visits. Are they requiring special inspections? Geotechinal engineering? PM I can give you his contact info. 

• Upvote 1