Lintel Returns

BeachHouse1

Can someone point me to a place where they show how to build a return on the lintel molding.  It would be nice if I could add it to a window and have the polyline auto-adjust to stay in the right place, even if the door or window get wider.  

Thanks,

766542877_3718AvenueNrealestate(34)-Copy.jpg.af4654a85682842f45ae87c1dfde942a.jpg

20 minutes ago, BeachHouse1 said:

It would be nice if I could add it to a window and have the polyline auto-adjust to stay in the right place, even if the door or window get wider.  

You can certainly do that.  You'd need to make your own symbol.  Search 'stretch planes'

I personally would do that by making a molding polyline. Once you add it to the window lintel, resize the window all you want....it will work just fine. If you want me to show you how to do it via Zoom, let me know. 832-754-6160.

2 hours ago, glennw said:

You can do that in the window's dbx by using the Lintel option along with Extend and Wrap

Just Draw the Header ( lintel) in Cross Section and add it to your Library as a Molding 1st.

image.thumb.png.feef680191b67a04d5e478cdd4695bf7.png

10 hours ago, solver said:

Maybe a Molding Profile?

Sorry Eric, You're correct. I phrased it wrong. Molding profile is correct. I have a lot of these for window lintels. I do remodels for homes that have this all the time.