Chief Library gone wild?

Designer1

Does anyone know why my Chief library is blocking a chief standard backdrop and in lieu picking up a barker texture?? 

I took a couple pictures of exactly whats happening.  Id like to have my chief backdrop in my library. Is anyone else having this happen?  This is all just standard libraries and manufacture libraries so Im not sure how these could be mixing up.

Thanks in advance!

Chief Back Drop 1.png

Chief Back Drop 2.png

Please define what you mean by "Barker Texture" please? I am sorry but your post and images do not communicate an understandable problem. What do you mean by "Chief Library is blocking...".

What is it doing or not doing that caused you to post here please? In order to help you, your questions must be clearly and graphically stated for anyone to then help with certainty.

DJP

@Designer1 It is a problem caused by the Barker Cabinets Library. It must have a file path name for the texture " Valley" that is the same as the file path for the backdrop "Valley" and overwrites or replaces that file.

You could delete the Barker Library, or find the file for the backdrop "Valley" and give it a new name, and then import it as a new backdrop.

I think it might have something to do with "timing out".  I am using wi-fi in my office.  The message box says I should hardwire to the internet.  Is this really necessary?

Is there a way to isolate the library I want to update so it can download before the timeout?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dshall said:

Is there a way to isolate the library I want to update so it can download before the timeout?

You big dummy,  just go to the CA website,  select the library directly and download....... 

"Oh,  that was easy"

262288488_ScreenShot2020-05-25at8_31_02AM.thumb.png.d0cd173d99b7da29c9e0a8c44b21ee99.png

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, DavidJPotter said:

Please define what you mean by "Barker Texture" please? I am sorry but your post and images do not communicate an understandable problem. What do you mean by "Chief Library is blocking...".

What is it doing or not doing that caused you to post here please? In order to help you, your questions must be clearly and graphically stated for anyone to then help with certainty.

DJP

Hi David, In my description I said the chief backdrop was being replaced and blocked by a barker texture?  I then took two pictures to show everyone what Im seeing when I click on backdrops and there is a wood texture in my library in lieu of a backdrop. That texture is the texture from the barker library.  Im not sure why you felt this was insufficient as a description?

Thanks Robert, I will give that a try!  Thanks everyone for your input. :)

20 hours ago, robdyck said:

@Designer1 It is a problem caused by the Barker Cabinets Library. It must have a file path name for the texture " Valley" that is the same as the file path for the backdrop "Valley" and overwrites or replaces that file.

You could delete the Barker Library, or find the file for the backdrop "Valley" and give it a new name, and then import it as a new backdrop.

Hi Robert, I took your advice and copied the Barker library to my user library and changed the name of the "valley" to "wood".  I then deleted the original barker library so there was no valley wood image anymore.

I shut chief down twice and reopened but when I went back into the Chief backdrops library the valley wood was still showing which is a mystery to me how it could still be showing if I changed the name plus deleted the original barker library.  Im going to contact chief to let them know. 

Can someone post what the real image is for the valley in chiefs backdrop library is so I can use it in the meantime?  I frequently use different backdrops regularly.

Thank you!

4 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Hi Robert, I took your advice and copied the Barker library to my user library and changed the name of the "valley" to "wood".  I then deleted the original barker library so there was no valley wood image anymore.

I shut chief down twice and reopened but when I went back into the Chief backdrops library the valley wood was still showing which is a mystery to me how it could still be showing if I changed the name plus deleted the original barker library.  Im going to contact chief to let them know. 

Can someone post what the real image is for the valley in chiefs backdrop library is so I can use it in the meantime?  I frequently use different backdrops regularly.

Thank you!

Changing the name in the Chief Library isn't the same as changing the file path, right? So that Library item is still overwriting the backdrop file. Make sure you send this in to Chief's tech support!

@Alaskan_Son might know how to access the file path in a Library item to alter its name. I'm not sure how to do that.

Robert.... thats right...duh I completely forgot the program doesnt grab the texture from the library its the directories. I will try and call tech support just to let them know about it. 

Does anyone happen to have the valley backdrop as a jpeg so I can add it to my library manually in the meantime?

@Designer1

The jpeg isn't gone, the file path just needs to be reset, however you can't edit Chief's original backdrop. What you can do is copy the backdrop and paste it to your own folder of your choosing in the library. Then simply relink the file path.

C:\ProgramData\Chief Architect Premier X12\Referenced Files\CoreCatalogFiles.zip#zip:CoreCatalogFiles\Valley.jpg

image.thumb.png.9fdab4228639fdd8aaaa30a081616284.png

image.thumb.png.20a3acb7e66dfd3fdd94a8d0b101487c.png

Hey @Designer1  it looks like @robdyck is on the right track.

It appears that there is a name collision between the images referenced for this backdrop and the material in Barker Cabinets. We typically try to using a unique naming system when setting up any materials, image, and backdrop references in the catalogs we distribute, but it seems that we missed this one.

As Robert mentions above, you should be able to copy the Backdrop with the trouble from the Core Catalogs, then paste it into your User Catalog. You can then edit the backdrop, and re-associate the correct image to the Backdrop in your User Catalog.

In the meantime, I'll ask our team to look at this and see if it is still an issue in the X12 version of the catalogs; if so, we'll do what we can to remedy the issue in our updated catalogs.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

• Upvote 2

Robert wow thanks for all the explanation... you should work at Chief in tech support that was so helpful.  I will try that out. Thanks for including the picture it was easier to understand it all.

Chief, glad you were able to see what was going on in the library.  Yes, that would be great to adjust this for future catalog updates. Thanks!

• Upvote 1