more text questions... now on X12

jmnewton

Now I'm on Chief X12 and have a few font questions.... I'd love to make the typical dialog text a more pleasing font than the one shown (on the left). Also when I tried to look into how to do this in the help file, it comes with everything lined out..... Does anyone have any advice on fixing both things?

Thanks!

John

chief text.jpg

1 hour ago, jmnewton said:

Does anyone have any advice on fixing both things?

If you figure out the secret please let us know as some would like to be able to control font and text size.

Might be helpful to let us know if you are running on Windows or a Mac.

On 5/22/2020 at 4:47 PM, Chopsaw said:

If you figure out the secret please let us know as some would like to be able to control font and text size.

Might be helpful to let us know if you are running on Windows or a Mac.

most of the DBX is Hard Coded , the LH side where the Tabs are is controlled by the Windows 10 Font and Scaling settings.....

I ended up installing X12 but had a different issue with the fonts not looking good, but it was readable. I Googled how to change the windows default font and it ended up fixing this problem in Chief X11 and the other problem in X12. https://www.faqforge.com/windows/windows-10/how-to-change-the-default-font-in-windows-10/

I don't know how the default Windows font got corrupted in the first place, but it's good that the problem was solved (though I have to say, editing the registry like that in 2020 seems antiquated (ie. why isn't there some direct way in Windows 10 control panel to just click the font you want....)