Can we create cabinet pulls like this?

ACADuser

Yes, but I likely would not be applying them as pulls, but instead apply them as either a separate face item or an accessory.  Ya, probably an accessory of one type or another attached to that face item.  Could also be done just using custom door and drawer panels  where the pull is an integral part of the door/drawer front itself.

4 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Yes, but I likely would not be applying them as pulls, but instead apply them as either a separate face item or an accessory.

Do you think it would be best to build a door / drawer symbol with the handle as part of it?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, robdyck said:

Yes, you can. I believe you'll need to start with one symbol, and keep making copies for each cabinet width.

This of course could be done as well, but some of the other options could provide for automated sizing.

1 minute ago, robdyck said:

Do you think it would be best to build a door / drawer symbol with the handle as part of it?

Kinda depends on the project I guess, whether it’s something you might use on future projects, on whether or not you have to custom order each pull size, on how many cabinets there are, on what the likelihood for changes is, etc.  etc.  I could go either way.  

Make the pull part of a cabinet door/drawer symbol, specify the material for the pull in the symbol and the drawer separately. From the looks of what you have offset the Y axis of the symbol to set it back a bit.

Nice, I didn't expect the wide separation between the drawers?.

A note (since I've been playing with these lately)- May want to edit your Style Palette to include "Copy Face Configuration" ?

I'd also initially set the door symbol main material to "use default" and leave the handle as chrome, then don't include drawer finish in the style palette. As it is now the handle finish comes out blue like the rest when using the SP.

Changing it allows the handles will stay chrome when using the SP. I'd also set the box finish to use default.  If just the finish for the room needs to be other than the default you can still spray by room and handles will stay chrome.

Thanks so much for the tips.

This is my first Style Pallet. It looks like a very powerful tool.

I guess the easiest way to set these up is to open past plans & add the cabinets form them.

Your suggested changes need to be made to the cabinets in the plan & then replace the pallet objects?

If you replace the base Cabinet for example you need to go back to properties in the pallet & tweak settings?

Perhaps I will have time this afternoon to experiment.

BTW I will go back and adjust the drawer seperations  as that was not my intent.

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, ACADuser said:

Your suggested changes need to be made to the cabinets in the plan & then replace the pallet objects?

You can turn options on/off in the library but you can't change the spec itself. Only what is turned on will be applied to the object, all other settings are taken from the object as it is. Even if you don't select something when you define the palette it can be turned on later and will apply.

So yes the best way would be to change the separation or the door style, yes you need to do that in plan and then can replace the the palette in the library.

Few things I found along the way - specify label is not copied from any objects. My solution is:

1. to set a custom OIP field to place the label in
  2. place a macro that reads that field into specify label in the items default settings. 
  3. Include "custom fields" in the palette.
  4. Result is the label reads from the custom OIP field for items placed in plan OR painted with the palette, useful for cabinets and windows (so far)

Palettes work nicely for complicated windows and doors BUT will not work for mulled units which is too bad.

It will copy fixtures included in cabinet faces but does not include sinks-at least I can't figure out how yet?

• Like 1