Material list default total calculations

LeRoyWells

1 hour ago, LeRoyWells said:

Is it possible to change the default total formula in the material list to calculate it the way I do it

Without any specifics, I believe you'd need to alter this using the components tab of whatever item you're referring to. For example, if I always want my concrete to calculate in cubic meters instead of cubic yards, I'll need to have a robust library of items where I've edited the components tab of the item.  A foundation wall is a simple example.

image.thumb.png.950aea342c4f32fcddcabc27a58cc811.png

5 hours ago, LeRoyWells said:

Is it possible to change the default total formula in the material list to calculate it the way I do it

I always have to change it to calculate the way I figured my jobs

How do you do it?

Can you be a bit more specific.

If you are talking about type of measurement (area, count, linear, volume), they are defined in the materials definition.

If you are talking about units of measurement, you can control that in the Materials List (in the Count column).

2 hours ago, LeRoyWells said:

This is the formula that I use

= extra  * ((price * 1.0975) + labor + (equipment * 1.0975) ) * (1 + (_markup / 100))

= count*((price*1.0975)+labor+(equipment*1.0975))*(1+(_markup/100))

Put your Formulae into the Line Item in extra and count Columns removing the default CA macros.....

However if you mean can you make these a Default for the Material List , I don't think so , but I think you can update the Line Item to the Master List

Maybe able to use the Component DBX as Rob mentioned though for the Line Item.... be quite a bit of Work for a whole project though,

perhaps if done in your template plan it maybe saved Per item?

M.