Macro ir Ruby

Bill_Nelson

8 minutes ago, BrownTiger said:

1. I assumed you locally defined this ConvertToFeetInches function right? 

That was just copied and pasted from Eric's code.

9 minutes ago, BrownTiger said:

4. .to_in ... makes no sense to me because it gives you the decimals. I fully dig .to_mm or .to_m because they are decimals, but what in the heck is 7.23" really is, why would someone want decimal representation of an empirical unit?

I use this type of formatting for all sorts of things actually.  Most importantly though, regardless of what I am ultimately displaying, I still want precision.  I may or may not ultimately put 7.23" on some drawings, but I want to know that's what the number is, and I want to use that number in any calculations.

Ok I figured out what I wanted to accomplish for my window schedule using solvers hw.txt.

1. Open CA-X11 with a new plan, then opened Text Macro Management-copied then paste solvers hw.txt. (Make sure to click on evaluate and owners object in Context)
2. Open default settings, then open window default, open label, 
   clicked specify label on "labels Options". 
3. insert macros %schedule_number% %window_label% %type_code% press ok and done to close the default settings.

I turned off the callout label in the window schedule specification box.

I hope this helps. 

with out window schedule.JPG

with window schedule.JPG

3 hours ago, BrownTiger said:

3. It would have made more sense for CA to implement .to_ftin... Instead of us embedding local converter functions. Just my $.02

3 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Yes I believe it was requested and should definitely not been something that needed to be requested after the fact.

That's what the NumberFormatter is for.