Wall Cladding disappears in preview

robdyck

I noticed recently after the latest update that I have several different plan files where my preview is bringing up in PBR mode and it will not force it to be updated till I change the mode.  Not sure when I changed it to PBR mode for that and will have to look up how to change it but it always shows correctly after I change it. I need to track that down one of these times but it always works once I refresh it.

1 minute ago, Kiwideziner said:

rob

what happens to the preview if you change the material?

I am thinking a bug in the program with that material.

That's actually why I opened the wall. The client asked for stone veneer cladding instead of siding for that portion. I opened the wall and noticed that. It's not a problem, just annoying.

I ended up using a material region anyways, because I use dashed lines for foundation walls. With this much foundation sticking out of the ground, I don't want that upper portion of the wall to be dashed, and the wall cladding being stone, and using a wall cap, made more dashed lines than I care for. So a material region and a molding for the ledgestone. This eliminates the dashed lines for the wall cap, around the window, and at the bottom of the stone-to-foundation transition.

image.thumb.png.22326b7e29388190eddef3ea4c6d7464.png

23 minutes ago, robdyck said:

In the Wall Specification dbx, my wall cladding doesn't display. Has anyone seen this before and have a solution?

Interesting that there IS that bit of it showing on the left side of the wall.

Just now, DzinEye said:

Interesting that there IS that bit of it showing on the left side of the wall.

I think it has to do with the room settings and wall types I use for a bi-level with an unfinished basement. Chief and I don't agree on a few things, so some of the things I do are to achieve correct plan views and section / elevation views. I don't always let Chief win with it's fascination with rooms, ceiling heights, attic walls....that don't match the reality of what will be built. I think this is Chief's way of getting back at me for not conforming! 

2 minutes ago, Ridge_Runner said:

You have't been breaking "quarantine" have you?:)

Oh, when it comes to listening to the government, then I conform! Which reminds me ... I've got 10 days left to file my tax return!

51 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I think it has to do with the room settings and wall types I use for a bi-level with an unfinished basement. Chief and I don't agree on a few things, so some of the things I do are to achieve correct plan views and section / elevation views. I don't always let Chief win with it's fascination with rooms, ceiling heights, attic walls....that don't match the reality of what will be built. I think this is Chief's way of getting back at me for not conforming! 

Sometimes you're the non-conforming windscreen, sometimes you're the non-conforming bug.  

On the lower concrete wall, what is that bit of vertical concrete on the left hand side that looks like it is splayed at about 45deg?

There is also something wrong with the right hand side - the end of the footing is not at the correct angle and the upper wall does not line up with the lower wall.

Can you post a plan with that wall definition in it.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, glennw said:

On the lower concrete wall, what is that bit of vertical concrete on the left hand side that looks like it is splayed at about 45deg?

There is also something wrong with the right hand side - the end of the footing is not at the correct angle and the upper wall does not line up with the lower wall.

Can you post a plan with that wall definition in it.

Chief doesn't like some of the wall connections, but to save anyone some hassle, no need to suggest moving walls. In the real world, the wall connections won't be an issue.

Plan is posted.

gross bilevel.plan

23 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

In your just posted plan there is no bump-out as shown in your original image, what gives now? I did not see any visual anomalies in plan or camera views, perhaps it is a driver or video card short fall?

This is what I currently get.

image.thumb.png.daa9409be7b8539fdf8b798d1e629410.pngimage.thumb.png.38eb121904bc8c3970612b5dea615ecd.png

If i pull the inner insulation wall away from the foundation...image.thumb.png.65a8f1b90be3c05e1b1c5861d0ff9b96.png

If i get rid of the exterior room "Slab"...image.thumb.png.8be6e444470c48ed7326e5796aae0791.png

It's the exterior room causing the cut in the wall material display, but in the wall dbx only.

58 minutes ago, robdyck said:

If i pull the inner insulation wall away from the foundation...image.thumb.png.65a8f1b90be3c05e1b1c5861d0ff9b96.png

If i get rid of the exterior room "Slab"...image.thumb.png.8be6e444470c48ed7326e5796aae0791.png

It's the exterior room causing the cut in the wall material display, but in the wall dbx only.

Did you try "refreshing" the dbx preview by changing from vector to standard and back if wanted?  That seems to help me when I see it happen.

1 hour ago, rgardner said:

Did you try "refreshing" the dbx preview by changing from vector to standard and back if wanted?  That seems to help me when I see it happen.

Thanks for the suggestion, but that does not affect the preview. It is indeed caused by the exterior room (SLAB) on the main floor and its floor assembly. If I remove the floor from that room, or remove the room entirely, then the wall previews correctly. I just found this to be very odd behavior, not a real problem.