Why can't I delete the Invisible (Room divider) wall?

Cheryl_C_Crane

1 hour ago, Cheryl_C_Crane said:

What's up? I can't get rid of the @#$%^ Invisible (Room divider) wall?

Glad you got it sorted out.  But for future reference... you should never use the @#$%^ wall type.  It always causes problems.

• Like 2

In Premier , in the General Wall Defaults ( Alt-Q) you can turn off the Auto Connect Island Rooms and delete the Room divider, in Interiors this option is not available , at least in Versions up to X11, not sure if that changed in X12 Interiors?

* it can adversely effect Room definitions though , so YMMV , so use the Tips above.

M.

image.thumb.png.c371c4c37188c9223ae06fc5d510436e.pngimage.thumb.png.8c9e395c2e40968cfdcb4eb07bbc3d9c.png

14 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

greetings from another alabamaian, daphne to be exact. glad your problem was solved.

Hey, Rob! Daphne is a lovely town in a great location. We like to go down, eat lots of good seafood, visit the Fairhope Dog Park, and stomp around Mobile. We are reformed Floridians, so going to the beach isn't a 'thing'. 

I recommend that you leave "Connect Island Rooms" turned on (and yes, this is available in Chief Interiors).  The program puts them in because having unconnected island rooms can cause a multitude of problems with room definitions which can affect things like living area calculations, floors and ceilings, room moldings, etc.

If you don't like where the program puts them, then just move them or draw your own and then you will be able to delete the ones the program automatically put in.

If you don't want to see them, then just turn the layer off.  If you want to see your room divider walls, but not the automatic ones, then just put them on a custom layer and turn that layer off.  Please remember that just because they are hidden they may still affect things like bumping, snapping, dimensions, etc.  For this reason, I would keep them turned on in your working drawings but turn them off in your construction documents.

Thanks, Dermot

This was a brain phart on my part. There are times when is hard to be a 1 person shop. Fortunately, ChiefTalk is here to help! This should have been obvious to me, with the experience that I have - BUT. I am so thankful that ChiefTalk members pick me up, dust me off, and send me in the right direction again.