Editing Attic Wall Heights

Brenden5

Hi,

I originally used my attic wall to provide the necessary heel height for my trusses. It served its purpose, but I recently edited the wall heights on the first two floors, unfortunately in reducing the wall heights by 2 or so inches it just expanded the attic height keeping the roof at the same overall height. I would like to just keep everything as is and drop the attic height (or in this case my heel) back to a 12" height, dropping the roof back down and lowering the overall height by that same 2 inches I mentioned earlier. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to proceed without rebuilding the roof?

Thanks

Your roof planes are actually controlling the attic wall heights so it is just a matter of lowering the roof planes that 2" that you need.  Edit All Roof Planes or Transform and Replicate should work fine for you.

I would highly recommend not manually adjusting your wall heights in 95% of cases.  Maybe go back select all of your walls and in the dbx structure tab reset back to original heights for top and bottom.

after that is fixed try the edit all roof planes and adjust your heel height there.

2 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Your roof planes are actually controlling the attic wall heights so it is just a matter of lowering the roof planes that 2" that you need.  Edit All Roof Planes or Transform and Replicate should work fine for you.

Just to add to chops excellent suggestion is now that you have manually adjusted those heights you will need to do as I mentioned and set your walls back to original top and bottom heights for them to auto adjust to your new roof height.

14 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Transform and Replicate should work fine for you.

T/R Works great for this kind of thing , without any worries about the Pivot point and having to lock this or that....

M.

• Like 1