Turn Off Sun/Lighting For Perspective

skoz44

I'm trying to send some perspective views to a client and I can't figure out how to turn off whatever lighting is causing the exact same color on two walls to appear different.  Below is a screen shot with "Sun Follows Camer" turned on.  The two sides of the garage are the exact some color; however, do not look that way.

Thanks for any thoughts.

image.thumb.png.6588501ac6abafbfba61a30802c1b175.png

Thanks Dan, but I tried this.  There is always a shadow on one of the walls when I pan around.

I tried one of the files you and download from Chief, "Breckenridge" and it is doing the same thing, just not as obvious due to the colors.  There has got to be a way to turn these shadows off completely.

Any other thoughts?

They are not really shadows.

The effect is caused by Chief distinguishing surfaces as they face different angles to the render camera - this happens in real life.

The colors are same on both walls.

Even though both walls are in direct sunlight, they appear (in real life and render) different because they are at different angles to the sun.

You can get rid of the effect (but I really don't know why you would want to), by using a vector camera (as opposed to a render camera) and changing the materials Shading Contrast to zero.

This is a vector view with Shading contrast set to 90%:

Note that shadows are on in both examples - you can have them on or off, makes no difference.

2123270504_NewImage_50.thumb.jpg.6573a27d2ed62e452b8d5d5c46367ce8.jpg

This is a vector view with Shading Contrast set to 0%:

1116540666_NewImage_51.thumb.jpg.8df4e242243bd9c02b9d4daf66317669.jpg

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, glennw said:

Even though both walls are in direct sunlight, they appear (in real life and render) different because they are at different angles to the sun.

You can get rid of the effect (but I really don't know why you would want to),

Was wondering the same thing.  I figured (hoped) the OP must know this...or maybe the client doesn't and complained about two colors?  This seems to me like something every brain realizes just from experience...or maybe I'm assuming wrong.