DWG import/plot plan help

Hammer7

First you place the survey to the structure, you NEVER rotate the structure, rather you rotate the survey/site plan/ North Pointer to the structure! 

If the DWG has "x-Ref" adjoining files it is less useful than one that does have X-refs connected to it. 

Ideally, the .dwg is of a version that is equal or older than your version of Chief.

By Default, I use the "Import - dwg" command found under the "File" menu and then follow the proceeding dialogs that are presented thereby.

Since .dwg imports sometimes import in a rather scattered manner, I prefer to import them first into a CAD Detail window where I can evaluate and clean up the import before placing in in my plan view.

DJP

Thank you David, I'm troubled by your last sentence about things imported in a "scattered manner." I have very little experience working with this type of importation so I'm wanting to make sure I don't corrupt something accidentally.  Ideally I'm looking to do it with someone who will look over my shoulder while I do it or vice versa and record it while doing so.  I have two projects to work on this back to back and one has a very tight lot restriction.

1 hour ago, DavidJPotter said:

Since .dwg imports sometimes import in a rather scattered manner, I prefer to import them first into a CAD Detail window where I can evaluate and clean up the import before placing in in my plan view.

Very smart approach and is why I import this way too. I learned to do this a long time ago.