Display Object Properties Information

BeachHouse1

2 hours ago, BeachHouse1 said:

Good Morning All,

I can't seem to find a way to display the properties of a selected object without opening that object.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Nope I don't think so...... that sounds like a typical AutoCAD "Expectation" though ?  if you are a keyboarder Ctrl-E will get you there quicker or you can assign that to a programmable mouse button too. 

M.

2 hours ago, BeachHouse1 said:

Good Morning All,

I can't seem to find a way to display the properties of a selected object without opening that object.  Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Depends what properties you want to see.  If you leave the ALDO (Active Layer Display Options) open, you can see and alter the objects layer, color, line type, lock or unlock, etc..

7 minutes ago, DzinEye said:

Depends what properties you want to see.  If you leave the ALDO (Active Layer Display Options) open, you can see and alter the objects layer, color, line type, lock or unlock, etc..

I believe he is referring to the Information like Type, height, width, elevation from Floor etc etc found in the DBX.

It has been asked for numerous time , but has never found any traction AFAIK...

M.

You can always use a text box and arrow with the %ObjectProperties% macro (does Chief still include this OOB?).

Or there are macros that will only return certain properties if you don't want the whole list.

This will return just about every property of the object - maybe too many properties.

Once you have the text box, arrow and macro set up, you can drag the arrow from one object to the other and the object properties will change according to the object type.

New Image_49.jpg

• Upvote 1