Is There a Predefined Macro For A 'Plan View' Label?

HumbleChief

17 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Nice. How in the world did you discover that? Or maybe better, how did I not? THANK YOU

The Automatic Label Button should give you that one I believe , it should be the same as the one Mark is showing....

You can also use the Information entered into the Layout Page Information Tab ............

image.thumb.png.948e3d2d22fd756dcf1c1849ab2fdf3e.pngimage.thumb.png.ef91a181c787f5be5f279969467693e1.png

image.thumb.png.55c6d1ca34bff245cf91d0988204c1dd.png

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

The Automatic Label Button should give you that one I believe , it should be the same as the one Mark is showing....

You can also use the Information entered into the Layout Page Information Tab ............

image.thumb.png.948e3d2d22fd756dcf1c1849ab2fdf3e.pngimage.thumb.png.ef91a181c787f5be5f279969467693e1.png

image.thumb.png.55c6d1ca34bff245cf91d0988204c1dd.png

Thanks Mick, I've been using the layout title macro but it names all of the layout boxes the same on the layout page. Wanted to have unique names instead of renaming each label. The auot label s does the trick.

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Mick, I've been using the layout title macro but it names all of the layout boxes the same on the layout page. Wanted to have unique names instead of renaming each label. The auto label s does the trick.

Thanks again.

That sounds like you haven't filled in the Layout TITLE info in each Pages' Info DBX ?  I actually don't use the Layout Labels and add a Marker instead with the Layout Title and Scale under the line to each page ( easy copy and paste or leave in Template already done - Scale text is manual however. )

The Auto Label , uses the Plan's  SPV ( or Camera ) "View name" AFAIK ?  which will work obviously if the View Name is what you want to Label it.

image.thumb.png.76f023da3ff19950009a74b944a36082.pngimage.thumb.png.d11b539eba9e1c9fe53f0aa96c4467cc.png  

M.

3 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

That sounds like you haven't filled in the Layout TITLE info in each Pages' Info DBX ?  I actually don't use the Layout Labels and add a Marker instead with the Layout Title and Scale under the line to each page

Mick I think I often have the same problem when there are multiple layout boxes on the same layout page. :(

19 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Mick I think I often have the same problem when there are multiple layout boxes on the same layout page. :(

That's one reason why I Use Markers , and Edit if needed eg for say the Front and Rear Elevations on the same Page,

but if you Carefully Label the Camera or SPVs the Auto Label should work well too, you just need to be in the Habit of

naming all your cameras and not use Chief's default camera names like Elevation 1 or Cross Section 1.

I also like the  Scale used right up where it's obvious , the other reason for the Marker instead.

P.S. There is no reason that %automatic_label% can't be used in the Marker instead of the Title , simple Macro swap....

M.

54 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

That sounds like you haven't filled in the Layout TITLE info in each Pages' Info DBX ?  I actually don't use the Layout Labels and add a Marker instead with the Layout Title and Scale under the line to each page ( easy copy and paste or leave in Template already done - Scale text is manual however. )

The Auto Label , uses the Plan's  SPV ( or Camera ) "View name" AFAIK ?  which will work obviously if the View Name is what you want to Label it.

image.thumb.png.76f023da3ff19950009a74b944a36082.pngimage.thumb.png.d11b539eba9e1c9fe53f0aa96c4467cc.png  

M.

The Layout TITLE info is filled out on each page bit if there are 2 layout boxes, they each inherit the same name if that's the macro being used. If those 2 Layout boxes have different enough information to deserve their own unique Label Title then the single macro doesn't work. The auto label feature works perfectly as long as the SPV are named appropriately.

Interesting technique with the markers.

10 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

The Layout TITLE info is filled out on each page bit if there are 2 layout boxes, they each inherit the same name if that's the macro being used. If those 2 Layout boxes have different enough information to deserve their own unique Label Title then the single macro doesn't work. The auto label feature works perfectly as long as the SPV are named appropriately.

Interesting technique with the markers.

Yep I got it now..., until Chopsaw posted , I didn't pick up on the multiple layout boxes on one Page part , must have missed that part.....

I am better now at naming my Camera's / Views as needed , but still prefer the Marker for some reason....

M.

2 hours ago, Kbird1 said:

but still prefer the Marker

Yeah they're nice but for a layout box you need a referenced macro and arrow. Have one client that wants them, not a big deal except she has a habit of adding a couple of dozen elevations midway into the layout-lot of fussy copy, paste and such. Wish there was another way for them to work.

5 hours ago, MarkMc said:

Yeah they're nice but for a layout box you need a referenced macro and arrow. Have one client that wants them, not a big deal except she has a habit of adding a couple of dozen elevations midway into the layout-lot of fussy copy, paste and such. Wish there was another way for them to work.

I'm not quite "getting it" again apparently......why does a Marker need a Referenced Macro and arrow?

M. 

16 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I'm not quite "getting it" again apparently......why does a Marker need a Referenced Macro and arrow?

If you want to use the %automatic_label% it needs to be referenced and if you are going to do that you might as well use the %box_scale% as well.

image.thumb.png.43263baa802176a72a8d366ec5a1ef1c.png

image.thumb.png.ffe25415f7a796e50cbf04f5ec108a9b.png

I'm not reading well between the lines today :)  

True...... %automatic_label% wouldn't work without it referencing something , when used in a Marker  ....

I guess you could turn off the Arrowhead and make the line Invisible?  I haven't tried it though... , might make it hard to find again though too...

M.

8 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I guess you could turn off the Arrowhead and make the line Invisible?  I haven't tried it though... , might make it hard to find again though too...

Yup.   Someone else suggested a light grey that you can see on the scree but will not print.  The problem with that is that now we are going digital it will usually show up in a PDF if you can see it on the screen.  Just can't win I suppose ;)

That is where some of the suggestions that get ignored would come in really handy like the no print layer option I know has been asked for that would make so many other broken things in the software somewhat manageable.

46 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I guess you could turn off the Arrowhead and make the line Invisible?

This is one of several ways to deal with it.  Instead of simply changing the line style to invisible though, leave it to be controlled by layer and then create a working layer set with completely visible lines.  Makes it very easy to see lines when you want to.  You can also optionally just turn the leader line layer off entirely and then turn back on if and when desired.