Simplifying Circuit Numbers

skoz44

Does anybody have a suggestion as to simplifying the process of applying circuit numbers on the electrical plan? 

Currently, I create number in a small font and copy/paste to all the recepts and fixtures.  This is pretty quick; however, making the numbers look neat, aligned, and consistent then takes a lot of time.  Suggestions?

15 minutes ago, skoz44 said:

Does anybody have a suggestion as to simplifying the process of applying circuit numbers on the electrical plan? 

Currently, I create number in a small font and copy/paste to all the recepts and fixtures.  This is pretty quick; however, making the numbers look neat, aligned, and consistent then takes a lot of time.  Suggestions?

Yes, without providing a tutorial, the short answer is to make new CAD symbols to all of your fixtures and save the fixtures with their new CAD symbols to library to use later. One time setup, years of efficiency.

Here is a screenshot of one I'm working on.  I'm trying to label all the recipe and lighting per the circuit number of the panel.  As you can see, they are not all consistent for I manually move them around in place and it's very tedious.  Wondering if there is easier method.

image.thumb.png.5567cc5040eef3602725ea2f380b40bf.png

You could use the label of the electrical item but not sure it would save any time unless it needed to be edited and then at least the label would move with the item.  You could block the numbers in with the cad block but then you would need to keep track of 40 or so copies of each cad block which might become even more tedious.

Save multiple copies of the item (I.e. receptacles) with the number in your library.  Place all of your outlets and lights then go back room by room grab for example one of the outlets in that room and use the change all in the same room option to grab the new outlet with the appropriate circuit number on it.  Would take a while to setup but can be done quite fast once set up.

I think the use of NOTE may be the answer. Although my system slows down when I use notes.

Simply use the note number for the circuit number. with a different description for each circuit.

You would need 2 tables

1st table remove the N from the Label prefix in the table

descriptions

Circuit 01

Circuit 02

2nd table change the Table Label prefix from N to E-

Description

Fan

Master bedroom area