CAD DETAIL FROM VIEW

cjanderson66

23 minutes ago, cjanderson66 said:

I have created a section view and added text to it.  Why is it that once I have done this that it will not let me create a CAD detail from View?

I've never heard of that problem before. Can you post a screenshot showing the issue?

2 minutes ago, robdyck said:

I've never heard of that problem before. Can you post a screenshot showing the issue?

Here you go Rob...  As you can see it does not give me the opportunity to make a CAD detail from view.

Screenshot 2020-05-11 14.48.30.png

9 minutes ago, robdyck said:

That's odd. I don't have the answer. But it also seems weird that the layer set box is empty and the default setting box is empty. Also, where's the floor # box?

image.thumb.png.f3cb4c323a39a772d325c407b8661596.png

It was there it was just hidden from the drop down menu1414033409_Screenshot2020-05-1115_05_18.thumb.jpg.fb74d0b805575eb6f8f8ab0448cd7889.jpg

1 minute ago, cjanderson66 said:

Damn your Robert.  I knew it had to be something simple.  Thanks

I just checked with Help. Here's the quote:

When the Vector View rendering technique is used, you can select CAD> CAD Detail From View to create a 2D line drawing of the active cross section/elevation view in a CAD Detail window. This drawing can then be edited as needed. See CAD Detail from View.

9 minutes ago, robdyck said:

When the Vector View rendering technique is used, you can select CAD> CAD Detail From View to create a 2D line drawing of the active cross section/elevation view in a CAD Detail window. This drawing can then be edited as needed. See CAD Detail from View.

Good to know, thanks.

49 minutes ago, robdyck said:

CAD Detail from View   is available in all line-based views, including plan view and any 3D view using the Vector View Rendering Technique. See Rendered and Vector Views.

The funny thing Robert is that I looked that up and when I saw in all line based views, I stopped.  I didn't even think about the fact I was in Technical View.  Thanks again for your help.

• Like 1